Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D Sport Racer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal
So I bought a DSR and will have it home shortly.

Been hauling all the parts home, which was part of the deal, but now I can't even get into my garage. chair.gif

Guess I'll have to move over to the Sandbox for future postings. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

The car has been in storage for some time, but it's all there.

Will be starting to get her back into shape which begins with a 07-08 GSXR. biggrin.gif
jd74914
Sweet!!

Keep posting in here please! smile.gif

When you go for the GSXR watch the oiling if you are staying wet sump...I killed a few 600s essentially AXing and some of the DSR/F1000 guys killed a whole bunch of 1000s without really good baffles.
Randal
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 18 2015, 10:16 AM) *

Sweet!!

Keep posting in here please! smile.gif

When you go for the GSXR watch the oiling if you are staying wet sump...I killed a few 600s essentially AXing and some of the DSR/F1000 guys killed a whole bunch of 1000s without really good baffles.

Right first thing is to put George Dean's baffle / pan assembly on the GSXR.
jd74914
Just out of curiosity, do you have a picture?

Are they similar to Rilltech's?
http://www.rilltechracing.com/products/index.shtml
Randal
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 18 2015, 11:57 AM) *

Have a call into George. He doesn't have a "product" section on his website.
ThePaintedMan
George doesn't have much of a website at all... but the man can build an f-ing motor.

Cool car Randal. I've learned a lot from the home-built DSR that I prep for a guy. I'll chime in when (if) it's appropriate. We have a Dean GSXR engine in it too and have had zero mechanical engine issues. Mostly chassis and cooling stuff.

Basically... lube the chain religiously and drive the piss out of it.
jd74914
Yeah, GDRE is supposed to build great motors. smile.gif

What kind of differential does it have? Looking online it seems like most of the AMACs have TRE Quaife's.
Randal
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 18 2015, 02:24 PM) *

What kind of differential does it have? Looking online it seems like most of the AMACs have TRE Quaife's.

Going to have a torque bias chain drive differential built for it. Only way to go for autoxing, i.e., bye bye under-steer.

Also the TBD works great on the hill climbs I run.

There is a guy in Scotland that will put the TBD together using any of several different differentials, i.e., Wavetrack, Quaifle or others. Also a guy on the East Coast that will put one together.
Cracker
Randal,

Good for you but are you prepared to never look back? I am moving back to a 914 but still own my DSR too. George has built 3 motors for me and he is the MAN within the GIXXER world. Enjoy everything about it!

Tony
Randal
QUOTE(Cracker @ Mar 28 2015, 05:48 PM) *

Randal,

Good for you but are you prepared to never look back? I am moving back to a 914 but still own my DSR too. George has built 3 motors for me and he is the MAN within the GIXXER world. Enjoy everything about it!

Tony

Never look back???? Of course not. I will always love 914's and will own another.

What made my decision to sell everything was really the buyer. I knew what had been developed, by a bunch of folks, wouldn't go wasted. flag.gif

I would put the car back together with the parts I bought back and run her, but knowing the car is going to a racers home makes a big difference. So it's on to something new.

Click to view attachment

Taking her apart as we speak.

Cracker
Ok. "Never look back" might have been the wrong terminology..."spoiled forevermore" might be more on the mark. I am building a fairly competent 914 post-DSR track car right now and realize the performance gap is truly immense (downward/backwards). Have fun - allot of fun and good for you! smile.gif

T

QUOTE(Randal @ Mar 29 2015, 10:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Mar 28 2015, 05:48 PM) *

Randal,

Tony

Never look back???? Of course not. I will always love 914's and will own another.

What made my decision to sell everything was really the buyer. I knew what had been developed,. by a bunch of folks, wouldn't good wasted. flag.gif
Randal
Making progress. Lots of new chromoly 4130 bars in strategic places. Next the differential needs to be fitted along with the engine / headers / fuel system / wiring / dash / computer etc.

After everything is fitted she will come apart and be powdercoated then fully assembled.

When you look at the motor (GSXR 1000) it doesn't look very big, until you put it in the chassis.

Also going to build a 90 degree air scoop that will have a turbo bell mouth on it. That will go on top of the stock air box. Trying to figure out whether to go with 6",7" or 8" bell mouth. I mean more air is better right??

Click to view attachment

Randal
Another picture:

Click to view attachment
Randal

I can't wait to run this puppy around the track.
Randal
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 18 2015, 02:24 PM) *

A torque bias Quaife diff is now being built.
Randal
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 18 2015, 11:57 AM) *

The folks that I've talked with are either running George's or Rilltech's. I'm going with George's, but Rilltech is also good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.