Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: control box in the footwell pass side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I am stripping the interior in a 1976 914 2.0 and under the passenger
foot well is a control box with a speedo cable and a wire harness. what is it ?
Thanks Brian
JawjaPorsche
Counter that lets you know when your 914 needs to serviced. Only later models had this feature. The EGR light would come on.

I think the official name is Porsche 914 egr speedometer junction box.
Dave_Darling
Yup. Late cars had a shorter (I think!) speedo cable that ran to this box instead of the speedo. Another cable ran from the box to the speedo. It would illuminate the EGR and/or CAT lights on the dash after a certain number of miles, and could be reset by pressing the appropriate button on the box.

Easy to bypass by using a standard speedo cable and running it directly to the speedo.

--DD
76-914
only the CA models, right?
Dave_Darling
There may have been others with it as well. (Possibly Mass?)

--DD
r_towle
Do not touch it.
If you change its position, or disturb it in any way, your car shall remain on Jack stands for at least 6 years.
80cap
Thanks! This car came from Tx. The previous owners Carbed this car and the wiring is a mess. I haven't decided what to do as induction yet. It has a gex rebuild engine which from what I have red is not a plus. On the plus side the only rust is the passenger side floorboard.
Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.