Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G-50 cable shifter installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I got my new cable shifter (cable shift . com ) and am impressed with the quality of
the product. I installed it (cars not running yet) and shifted through the gears while depressing the clutch and it sure works well. The unit is built very well. I do have it mounted but don't have a picture yet.
The pictures are a mess as I am rewiring things.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'm using relays to control, head lights, park lights, turn signals along with the power steering pump, high and low speed cooling fans, electric water pump etc. The relays range from 100 amp constant load to 10 amp . One of the reasons is the switches are all from a 2000 or so BMW 325I. I like the style and they all are low voltage and controlled by ether a relay or a computer. Lots of work but it will work well.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
DBCooper
Oh my. Well done and very impressive. People like you intimidate the SHIT out of me.

pdlightning
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 19 2015, 02:51 AM) *

Oh my. Well done and very impressive. People like you intimidate the SHIT out of me.

I couldn't have said it better!
drive-ability
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 19 2015, 02:51 AM) *

LOL,
That's funny, (no disrespect ) if you worked with this kind of stuff for a week you would be doing it as well. One of my neighbours is a business telephone guy. The black box on the top left of the picture holds that big light colored wire is a telecom cable ( 50 wires inside ) I am using it to power the relays and in some cases power a relay to trigger a larger duty relay. It makes it cleaner and easier to run control cable/circuits under the gas tank and into the engine bay. The relays only draw a small current to energise plus it makes it easy to add things later since there are in my case many extra wires. The relays are normally used on big rigs and buses. The large ones controlling the fans and power steering pump are rated at 100 amps continuous and 400 amps for short bursts. A friend has them in his garage. The smaller ones are not starter solenoids, they're used to run small hydraulic pumps via 18 wheelers. I just don't want to lose amperage due to a week connection. screwy.gif

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.