Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help fitting windshield rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
Hello,
I went to dry fit the gasket that fits down the sides of the windshield, in the aluminum channels and across the top. The groove in the rubber profile across the top seems too shallow to slide the rubber into place. This is from 914 Rubber so I'm sure im doing something wrong. Everything I've bought from Mark fits right out of the box.
Can anyone offer some advice?
Thanks,
Jack
falcor75
I fitted mine last week and it went perfectly. Use alot of lubrication in the aluminium trim pieces.
jack20
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 19 2015, 01:13 PM) *

I fitted mine last week and it went perfectly. Use alot of lubrication in the aluminium trim pieces.

Did you use adhesive on the top piece?
bandjoey
My side channels were crimped in. By the previous owner or factory I do not know... Plastic body trim removal tool was a perfect fit to expand the channel slightly lube and poke the rubber in not slide it in. Across the top fist pound it in with lube
jack20
Thanks Guys.
Got it installed. Mark at 914 Rubber called and gave me some tips. Install side pieces first. I brushed some glycerine into the channels and they slid right in from the top. He then advised that on the horizontal piece, start in the center and work out. I used a rubber mallet to get it started, gently tapping until the glycerin brushed channel seated. Went in smoothly after that. No adhesive needed. To trimming needed. Nice product.
Jack
Bob L.
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 19 2015, 03:35 PM) *

... fist pound it in with lube

We're still talking about window trim, Right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.