Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 20 2015, 02:56 PM) *

Another flooded car? shades.gif
mskala
You would think a place that sells cars would know how to take or post
pictures with the proper aspect ratio. That thing looks like a kids' pedal car.

And somebody welded up the cowl.
raynekat
The "donuts" in both trunks look a mess.
Something has gone wrong with this car.
You better look at everything very closely underside, upside, everywhere you can.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(mskala @ Mar 20 2015, 08:59 AM) *

And somebody welded up the cowl.

Well there was this, although I don't think 1644 is "early" especially since my 0275 didn't have it.
IPB Image
From Brett Johnson's book.
Cairo94507
Certainly had some poor repair work in the rear trunk by the passenger side tail light. Also an aftermarket front sway bar added.

The photos are terrible and really do not show any detail. All that black just hides everything. Also, they state matching numbers car. Yet there is no mention of a COA to confirm that. That is the one single fact that will command a higher value. I would not assume a matching numbers car w/o proof via a COA.

I would expect a dealer would know how to take quality hi-res pictures as people will want to see all of the issues before deciding to make an offer.
toolguy
the vin and engine number are in the correct range to be legit. . engine is a couple off mine and vin is 25 after mine. . . but everything else indicates major issues at some time. . interesting there are no pictures of the VIN tags, and the front trunk aluminum vin tag seems to be missing or painted over. .
Black was NOT an available color in 1970: 1st became an optional color for MY71. . front strut tops missing undercoat and what looks like a new brake fluid reservoir leaves me wondering, plus I can't imagine who came up with the front sway bar design. . with all the obvious wrong items visibly apparent, who know what is lurking underneath. . looks like another 50K in parts and work are needed to have a presentable six.
Started bidding at $1 and now at $33k, which seems excessive given the work it needs and the cost to locate and replaced the missing real Six parts.
PancakePorsche
Evidence it was originally signal orange or tangerine can be seen. Poor accident damage repair, in need full restoration but pretty much all there. Not great but not terrible either. $30K+ already speaks for six market values now.
Cuda911
If you look at the bid history, I'm the one who got it bumped up from 20K to over 30K in a hurry! smile.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(mskala @ Mar 20 2015, 08:59 AM) *

The pictures are fine but the format of the ad screws up the aspect ratio.

original
IPB Image

ad
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.