Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a 914-6 roller project car worth these days?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevegm
I am looking at a couple 914-6 project rollers. No engines. No trannys. No fuchs. Just five lug steels. Lots of rust. I assume very problematic longs, hell holes, rear trunks, you name it. Both have partial interiors in terrible condition. To restore them they will need almost everything replaced. If these were 4s, I would pay a few hundred dollars each, tops. I am wondering what these sort of 914-6 project rollers are going for these days. But I am having a hard time finding comparables. I'd appreciate you PMing me any experiences you have.
rgalla9146
PM sent
mepstein
My opinion - It has to be done as a labor of love because no matter what you pay, you will end up upside down.
Larmo63
I think pictures would help, but for a solid, complete 914-6, $15K would be a complete score, a steal, and these kinds of deals still do exist. (but, not for long)

That said, for a rusty tub real car, check your wallet and your heart strings. Then grab your balls and figure out if you have the intestinal fortitude to see the project through.
stevegm
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 21 2015, 01:21 AM) *

I think pictures would help, but for a solid, complete 914-6, $15K would be a complete score, a steal, and these kinds of deals still do exist. (but, not for long)

That said, for a rusty tub real car, check your wallet and your heart strings. Then grab your balls and figure out if you have the intestinal fortitude to see the project through.

Ya, that sounds about right. The ones I am looking at are priced a little high I believe. Number-matching sixes are the >$80k restored cars. It is almost impossible to get there without the original engine.

On the other hand, holding out for a numbers-matching car may be like waiting for a plane at the bus station. Better to get on the bus. My concern on these cars that are this far gone is the inner rust, and pinch weld rust. While I understand that owning a 914 is often a matter of rust management long term, I question whether the inner rust can be stemmed enough on these really far gone cars. I assume this was an issue with 356s too, though. Unless they have better metal/pinch welds, etc.
scotty b
5-10k all depending on condition. Non numbers matching takes a hard hit on end value. I'm dealing with a very special 911 with this very issue. We're figuring on half it's total value if we can't find the correct block for it. I've said before, 914's are by far the worst car ( labor intensive ) I've ever done as far as repairs, and I'm pretty sure they have more pinch welds than every car, ever made, all combined blink.gif
sixnotfour

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Update, first go around, not much interest, I offered her 13000, and went to Vegas, She decided to give it one more try, She got 18k with a 19k backup offer, good for you Andrea !!

Read more at http://barnfinds.com/unfinished-dream-1970...V8z6GQqJuI6x.99
sixnotfour
double post beer3.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 21 2015, 09:35 AM) *

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Update, first go around, not much interest, I offered her 13000, and went to Vegas, She decided to give it one more try, She got 18k with a 19k backup offer, good for you Andrea !!

Read more at http://barnfinds.com/unfinished-dream-1970...V8z6GQqJuI6x.99

My first inclination was to blurt out 10k each if they have all the 6 specific bits included and titles.
Sad to say it but, look at what junk yard 356s are getting !
She's gonna get it.
siverson
That sounds about right. Spend $60k and a ton of time and you've got a very nice 914-6 worth $80k.

-Steve
PanelBilly
Engine condition? Is it an old used one or just rebuilt (huge$)? Having just done an engine, I understand what can go into one of these babies
rgalla9146
Engines ? No stinkin' engines ! ... or transmissions !
That's 10K for rollers !
On the positive side, it gives you freedom to use any engine while you search for the original.
gandalf_025
Last roller I happened across had been sitting indoors for quite a few years.
It was missing front trunk lid and drivers door as well.
The owner said the passengers side long was soft..
It had been hit in the front, years ago and repaired properly..
According to the owner.

Steel wheels, no interior or drive train.
2 years ago he wanted 5000.00 for it and he wouldn't
budge on the price.
Now if he still has it, I'm sure he would want more.

I might have a few pictures buried somewhere ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.