Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great news! Got a WhatsApp message...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
... from Arno, the guy where I found the 914 I'm after! He told me that the car is safe, sound, tried and tested. (All cars here have to undergo an annual safety test before they're allowed on the road).

When I spotted the car back in Feb., it was a non-runner: safe and dry stored for 17 yrs because the D-jet had failed. Back then it was economically unwise to have it repaired. And in these pre-internet days, finding parts was -even here next to Germany!- very hard. Things have changed.

I asked Arno to get the car back in shape before handing over any cash. So he started replacing all (everything but the kitchen sink is the expression, I think). Complete with a full service, new tires and spit and polish, it's ready to be back on the road.

It's a two owner car, and as said, last owner stored it 17 yrs ago. Like a time machine when you get in. Wolfsburg hub cap centers, Wolfsburg on the steering wheel! Remember, the car was sold in Europe as a VW through Porsche dealers!

Next Wednesday I'll be off with a friend & long time (classic) Porsche mechanic for a thorough look. I hope it's also the beginning of a long time ownership.

Can't hardly wait until Wednesday. Oh, and I will take some pics!

(btw: classic Porsches are HOT around here: the largest Porsche dealer here extends his showroom and workshop for a special 'Klassieker-afdeling' (Classic department).

Menno
914Next
Congrats. Looking forward to seeing it.

Steve
SirAndy
thumb3d.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(thieuster @ Mar 21 2015, 05:41 AM) *

... from Arno, the guy where I found the 914 I'm after! He told me that the car is safe, sound, tried and tested. (All cars here have to undergo an annual safety test before they're allowed on the road).

When I spotted the car back in Feb., it was a non-runner: safe and dry stored for 17 yrs because the D-jet had failed. Back then it was economically unwise to have it repaired. And in these pre-internet days, finding parts was -even here next to Germany!- very hard. Things have changed.

I asked Arno to get the car back in shape before handing over any cash. So he started replacing all (everything but the kitchen sink is the expression, I think). Complete with a full service, new tires and spit and polish, it's ready to be back on the road.

It's a two owner car, and as said, last owner stored it 17 yrs ago. Like a time machine when you get in. Wolfsburg hub cap centers, Wolfsburg on the steering wheel! Remember, the car was sold in Europe as a VW through Porsche dealers!

Next Wednesday I'll be off with a friend & long time (classic) Porsche mechanic for a thorough look. I hope it's also the beginning of a long time ownership.

Can't hardly wait until Wednesday. Oh, and I will take some pics!

(btw: classic Porsches are HOT around here: the largest Porsche dealer here extends his showroom and workshop for a special 'Klassieker-afdeling' (Classic department).

Menno

Where do you live?
NW of Germany??
thieuster

Where do you live?
NW of Germany??

North West of Stuttgart. Halfway between Amsterdam and Duesseldorf. One hour from Dusseldorf, one hour from Amsterdam. In fact, just on the Dutch side of the German - Dutch border.

Menno
thieuster
I got a PM about the tire size. 165x15 at the moment - just for passing the annual safety test. I think I'll keep it that way for now. Vredestein's factory is only 30 miles away and you can pick them up at virtually every street corner.

Menno
Mueller
Sounds like great news!

Post plenty of pictures when you pick it up !
76-914
Congrats.
Cairo94507
Terrific- I know we are all looking forward to seeing it when you get it. Best wishes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.