Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Met another 914 today - nice 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
Mr. John Phillips is the new owner of this car, recently was restored by Stoddard Original interior that has 35k miles on it, newly repainted. He should be joining the forum soon. He can give the whole history of the car from beginning. But here are a few pictures. I think it was sold on e-bay so some had seen it there I am sure..
DRPHIL914
vin number
Johny Blackstain
Nice! smile.gif That's what mine is supposed to look like & if I had the original engine or knew where it was, it would. sad.gif
DRPHIL914
having trouble with downloading the pictures

here is the COA
Big Len
Wasn't this the one that was resently sold on Ebay for like $95K?
DRPHIL914
all original 2.0
DRPHIL914
the original 2.0 with weber carbs and air cleaner
DRPHIL914
I would post more but I keep getting a server error- file not found(meaning there is an issue with the server that world is on and it cannot locate the page to place the picture on when trying to download it) so I had about 15 pictures but that's all I can get up on here right now for some reason. (404) cant find the page requested)
rgalla9146
Yes, from NJ.
Sold by an "interesting" guy.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 21 2015, 12:53 PM) *

Yes, from NJ.
Sold by an "interesting" guy.

very nice guy that just got this has a bunch of cars and apparently a lot of $$$$. i him thanks for running the values up on these for us dry.gif

hopefully he will be on the site soon and tell the story of the car and his aquisition . it was owned by a guy that was a race car driver back in the 70's. i dont know if this was ever raced or not. i doubt it. he bought it for his wife i guess.
DRPHIL914
a bill of sale from purchase
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 21 2015, 12:41 PM) *

Wasn't this the one that was resently sold on Ebay for like $95K?

yes thats pretty close to what he paid, i will let him share those details if he chooses
Mueller
Welcome....very nice car....I love the "1970" discount price of $800! Wow!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Mar 21 2015, 09:41 AM) *

all original 2.0

Interesting--this car doesn't have the black paint on the shock towers... I wonder if it has been restored/repainted?

--DD
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 22 2015, 02:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Mar 21 2015, 09:41 AM) *

all original 2.0

Interesting--this car doesn't have the black paint on the shock towers... I wonder if it has been restored/repainted?

--DD

Dave,
I understand Stoddard did the restoration and it was repainted. But that doesn't mean that it was done 100% correct. And if the new owner was not a 914 owner before and did not consult anyone familiar with the original specs then he may be unaware of such details. I would not know except that several of our members have during their /6 restorations shared with us what they learned about how to return their cars to original .
This is why I encouraged him to come her an join.... I think he will gain a much greater appreciation for these cars.
DRPHIL914
More
DRPHIL914
Drivers side window
DRPHIL914
Interior looks original
DRPHIL914
Pw
DRPHIL914
Lid
DRPHIL914
Front bumper top looks oiginal. Not perfect.
Also there is rust on the rear chrome bumper. So some things were left unrestored.
DRPHIL914
No back pad and no clips to hold it if you wanted to put one in.
DRPHIL914
Interior -
Hawk
There is no engine compartment pad on a 6.

Restored but some details missed. No black paint on post of engine compartment closure either. Valve covers were not painted body color in the original.
DRPHIL914
! Like new
Chris Pincetich
Is that a radio antennae on the rear? That's different biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
I had an antenna in that same spot on my Signal Orange '70 914-6 back in 1980-ish.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Chris Pincetich @ Mar 22 2015, 01:41 PM) *

Is that a radio antennae on the rear? That's different biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 22 2015, 04:46 PM) *

I had an antenna in that same spot on my Signal Orange '70 914-6 back in 1980-ish.

i asked about that, he said that it was his understanding that it was dealer installed, but i think a bit later on , not when it was first new. Like i said , there are afew little things that would have to be changed if you were really wanting to be as close to original as possible but i think he will enjoy the car, and with only 30k miles on it its cool that he is already driving it and not just parking it in a shop or garage but using it and sharing it. . beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.