Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 96mm KB's - Anyone running these now?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
Getting ready to put in the new 96mm Keith Black pistons into my overbored 94mm cylinders (by Rimco). While talking to a local VW speed shop owner the other day, he mentioned that he's heard talk that these pistons expand and contract quite a bit and that the rings that they come with (I forget the brand) are gapped way too big. As a result, a lot of oil get's through the rings.

Does anyone have experience with this setup? Or recommendations for rings for these pistons?

What about 96's by other mfgs?

Thanks guys!
McMark
I have a set of 96 KBs I haven't installed yet, so I'm interested. My rings are Hastings I think. How much was the boring at Rimco? How long did it take? I need to send mine to be done.
Qarl
Swood...

That dude in your avatar is having a seizure.
anthony
Same questions as markd. You might try posting this question on Jake Raby's site. I know he uses KB piston though I think he uses Deves rings.

http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/forumdisp....php?forumid=29
swood
So far what I've heard is that Hastings are the best for the KB's because of the higher top ring gap

kellzey - that's not a seizure...he's just gettin down!
Zeke
KB Hyperurtectic (sp?) pistons don't expand and contract as much as cast allowing a tigher piston/cyl clearance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.