Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car of the Month
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankiec@outrageous.net
Geez, I've posted this a few times. I love the Alien but how about a new CAR OF THE MONTH!!! How many months has the Alien been Car of the Month??? confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

Thanks
rick 918-S
Sir Andy is a busy guy. This is a hobby for him not a life style. It have truly been an honor. Outside the birth of my children I can't say when I have been more proud. Andy will get to changing the cars soon I'm sure. Thanks all for voting for me. assimilate.gif
AndyB
I would vote for the Alien again because that is how cool that car is. IMHO beerchug.gif
76-914
agree.gif He is busy. Maybe we should just do Car's of the Year and not have a time frame.
Mike Bellis
I vote for the Alien's Pasha interior. I love Pasha... wub.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Mar 22 2015, 10:12 AM) *

Geez, I've posted this a few times. I love the Alien but how about a new CAR OF THE MONTH!!! How many months has the Alien been Car of the Month??? confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

Thanks

Be patient, I think the next COM is still on jackstands getting the hellhole repaired. poke.gif
JmuRiz
Nah, already fixed, just need to put the interior, engine/trans, etc etc back on it. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Mar 22 2015, 11:12 AM) *

Did someone just volunteer for some COTM work?
idea.gif
MikeInMunich
Naturally the Alien is awesome, but, no offense, I'm personally tired if seeing the same photo every time I log onto my favorite website. I suggest we have someone garner e.g. 5 photos of the top candidates for the next COTM and put that "assembly" up temporarily until the vote for the winner is decided. Otherwise, let's get a new photo of the Alien up there until the next COTM is elected. And to avoid this happening again 30-120 days after that vote is in, how about getting the candidates and votes in for 3 months at a time and then only voting quarterly instead of 12x a year?

Just sayin'

M.i.M.
stevegm
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Mar 23 2015, 04:17 PM) *

Naturally the Alien is awesome, but, no offense, I'm personally tired if seeing the same photo every time I log onto my favorite website. I suggest we have someone garner e.g. 5 photos of the top candidates for the next COTM and put that "assembly" up temporarily until the vote for the winner is decided. Otherwise, let's get a new photo of the Alien up there until the next COTM is elected. And to avoid this happening again 30-120 days after that vote is in, how about getting the candidates and votes in for 3 months at a time and then only voting quarterly instead of 12x a year?

Just sayin'

M.i.M.

A second volunteer?
mrholland2
Just call it "Car of the Current Appreciation Period" w00t.gif
EdwardBlume
Top world members are working on it. Top members.
Big Len
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 23 2015, 05:55 PM) *

Raider's of the Lost ArK?......Very good.
bulitt
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Mar 23 2015, 04:17 PM) *

Just sayin'

M.i.M.

Great Idea! I nominate you to handle this! lol-2.gif
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 22 2015, 12:22 PM) *

Sir Andy is a busy guy. This is a hobby for him not a life style. It have truly been an honor. Outside the birth of my children I can't say when I have been more proud. Andy will get to changing the cars soon I'm sure. Thanks all for voting for me. assimilate.gif

How does Andy feel everytime he logs in and sees the same car displayed for months on end. If it can't be changed every month then don't call it the "car of the month". Reminds me of what took place with the badge design contest, a never ending process!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Mar 23 2015, 06:17 PM) *
How does Andy feel everytime he logs in and sees the same car displayed for months on end.

I don't. I have a bookmark that takes me straight to the forum index page.
laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Mar 23 2015, 02:37 PM) *

Just call it "Car of the Current Appreciation Period" w00t.gif

idea.gif
Cairo94507
Could be car of the Quarter.... I also open right to the Forums page and never see the COM page.
KELTY360
Just because it says car of the month doesn't mean it has to be every month. I mean, it doesn't say Car of January or Car of July. In typical 914World fashion, it happens when it happens. I'm good with that, but I fear a new wave of enthusiasts who are discovering the 914 are a bit more tightly wrapped about process. dry.gif
rick 918-S
It's always been this way. For the new guys, This is forum is a hobby not a money making venture. There may be some small appearance of an e-com site but the banner ads have to qualify by donating money to Toys for Tots. Andy owns the forum and has a real job that demands his time. Have fun with it. smile.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 23 2015, 02:55 PM) *

Does that mean you need to change your user tag to "Top member"? wink.gif

--DD
frankiec@outrageous.net
Not being a "new 914 enthusiast" but been involved with them since the late 60's I don't think that's relevant to my post. The last time I checked a month was approx 30 days or so. Not 90 days. Maybe you should consult you calendar. No biggie, but it DOES SAY CAR OF THE MONTH. Maybe it should say what month we're talking about.
KELTY360
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Mar 24 2015, 08:53 AM) *

Not being a "new 914 enthusiast" but been involved with them since the late 60's I don't think that's relevant to my post. The last time I checked a month was approx 30 days or so. Not 90 days. Maybe you should consult you calendar. No biggie, but it DOES SAY CAR OF THE MONTH. Maybe it should say what month we're talking about.

Sure, why not?

Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
When this 1st started up it was the car of the month, religiously. It slowed down to what it is now, car of the quarter (3 months). Either way, Andy runs this place in his spare time for free. Rob W is the latest guy to stick his neck out & run the COTM, once again for free & in his spare time. Latest COTM poll indicates that Lennyhop's 73 is going to be the current winner. They'll get to it when they get to it. I just want to see an LE win for once & really don't care otherwise.
SirAndy
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Mar 24 2015, 09:53 AM) *
... it DOES SAY CAR OF THE MONTH. Maybe it should say what month we're talking about.

It does that already.

Since we're not talking about any specific month, "Car Of The Month" means that the current month is just as good as the last month or the next month.

Which means the title is always spot on and correct.
shades.gif
McMark

Of all the things to rant about... rolleyes.gif

Since this thread has no valid topic, here's a car in a tree.

IPB Image
KELTY360
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 24 2015, 02:15 PM) *

Of all the things to rant about... rolleyes.gif

Since this thread has no valid topic, here's a car in a tree.

IPB Image

What kind of tree? jerkit.gif
AndyB
A Shadetreemechanic Tree
914_teener
....okay...here comes the train wreck.

I nominate a "certain creamsicle" beer3.gif hissyfit.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
carr914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 24 2015, 09:46 AM) *

It's always been this way. For the new guys, This is forum is a hobby not a money making venture. There may be some small appearance of an e-com site but the banner ads have to qualify by donating money to Toys for Tots. Andy owns the forum and has a real job that demands his time. Have fun with it. smile.gif

Exactly - live with it. Rick was in charge of the COTM, I did it for a couple of years and quite frankly Threads like this are why I don't do it anymore. Everyone thinks they have a better idea, but won't volunteer to do a thing!
Mike Fitton
How is this, just take off the Title "Car of the Month" still include a description of the car and owner then just change the picture when ever you get tired of it.
bigkensteele
Car on a Rock
Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
car in a house
IPB Image

car in a barn
IPB Image
EdwardBlume
love the picture of the car in a tree.

Yes, we voted on COTM. Yes, pictures and info have been collected and sent in. Unless I hear otherwise, my part is done.

This site is a privilege to visit and be a part of. I have no complaints.
dlkawashima
car on a bus
Click to view attachment

bus on a car
IPB Image
bigkensteele
Car in a Hole
Click to view attachment

Car on a Fence
Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Car on a pole.

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
Can on a Van
Click to view attachment
AndyB
Car in a van

Click to view attachment
dlestep
girl washing a car.
"...a little more to your left, yeah, right there.
Click to view attachment
jcd914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 24 2015, 03:02 PM) *

... it DOES SAY CAR OF THE MONTH. Maybe it should say what month we're talking about.

It does that already.

Since we're not talking about any specific month, "Car Of The Month" means that the current month is just as good as the last month or the next month.

Which means the title is always spot on and correct.
shades.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 24 2015, 04:15 PM) *

....okay...here comes the train wreck.

I nominate a "certain creamsicle" beer3.gif hissyfit.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif

Never happen. Those cars are so rare you'll never actually see one to nominate.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(dlestep @ Mar 24 2015, 05:56 PM) *

girl washing a car.
"...a little more to your left, yeah, right there.
Click to view attachment

That's what I'm talking about! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.