Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curil-T Engine Sealant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toadman
Putting my heads back on my 2L engine. My first time doing this. Bought some Curil-T sealant. The advice on the Type-4 Store website says this sealant is "used on cylinders around the 4 lower head washers". Does this mean that the sealant should be applied to the 4 lower head washers that snug up the head to the cylinders and not to the cylinders themselves? I believe I might be over-thinking this.

Thanks!
76-914
Curil - the hardening sealing compound. For sealing against mineral oils, water, gases, air and many chemicals. It is a general seal for application either alone, or together with other metal, or soft sealing materials. It should be kept in a cool atmosphere. Do not bring in contact with food. Clean the surfaces to be sealed from grease and dirt, then apply Curil thinly and after 10 to 15 minutes put the two surfaces together. Temperature range: from about -40°C to about +180°C.

Curil K2 - non hardening. Permanently plastic, particulary adhesive, for highliy stressed sealing joints. Recommended for the fitting of oil seals

Curil T - non hardening and resistant to high temperatures. It forms an excellent seal where abnormally high internal pressures exist even at extreme temperatures. Specially designed for finely machined sealing sur-faces. Especially suitable for combustion engines, exhaust gas turbo charges, gear units, turbines, generators, pipe threads, etc. Surfaces receiving the sealant should be cleaned from grease and dirt. Apply thin layer by bush or other suitable means. Cure time 5 to 10 minutes approx. Unaffected by extensive curing time. Temperature range is from approx. -40 °C to approx. +250 °C.

Dirko grey, the permanently elastic, temperature-resistant, universal sealing compound. This extremely versatile, high-strength sealing compound seals surfaces, gaps and cracks reliably, even where there is movement. Dirko’s viscosity and absolutely permanent elasticity rapidly stop leakage of oil, water and air. Even structural parts with hairline cracks are made functional again within minutes.Dirko is resistant to ozone, sunlight, extreme weather conditions, hot and cold water, seawater, greases, mineral oils (also with additives), aliphatic hydrocarbons, detergents and numerous chemicals.These advantages make Dirko equally suitable for use on its own, as a sealant applied from the exterior between surfaces without disassembly, or in combination with flat gaskets.
wndsrfr
Right, not the cylinders themselves, just the washers on the lower studs to prevent oil from leaking out along the studs.
toadman
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Mar 22 2015, 05:11 PM) *

Right, not the cylinders themselves, just the washers on the lower studs to prevent oil from leaking out along the studs.

Perfect. Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.