Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1972 Porsche 914-V8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gandalfthegray
I'm listing my 72 914 V8. I bought this car from a forum member here a couple years ago. It has an all aluminum Buick 215 V8 paired with a fresh rebuilt Dr. Evil side shift trans. The trans has been built to run with a V8. First gear is locked out and it has custom ratios. 70 MPH runs 2800 RPM. The car is complete, running and can be driven home.

When I purchased the car the trans and shift kit came with but were not installed. Since, I removed the engine and trans. I had new rings and seals/gaskets installed. ($800) When we removed the trans we discovered the 8" clutch was shot. I called Kennedy Engineering and we decided to order a brand new 9" flywheel, clutch assembly and throw-out bearing. ($750) This new set up is rated for 450 HP! Then we installed the Rennshift and JWest shift kit. ($1000)

Since re=installing everything I've put on a couple hundred miles but with the long winters here haven't had a chance to do anymore. My original plan when purchasing the car was to replace the front fenders with 916 style fenders as I prefer that look. I have all the pieces to convert the front end but it has not been done. These are high quality fiberglass pieces from QRS. At this point these will be included in the sale but can be removed and the price adjusted accordingly if a buyer does not want them.

Here is a list of modifications done to the car. These were not done by me but by prior owner.

ENGINE:

-1962 Buick 215 Aluminum V8
-STD bore, 10.5-1 (stock) comp ratio
-Cyl heads-ported exhaust ports, 3 angle valve grind with hi-retainers-shaft rocker stands shortened .060"-pushrods shortened .125" for geometry correction.
-Camshaft-M-488 custom ground by Shadbolt engineering(Vancouver B.C.) C/W hydraulic lifters
-Spheroidal graphite iron crankshaft, 5 main journal center, thrust mains, .010" under -Rods ground .001"
-New rings
-Hi volume oil pump, Buick V8 filter housing
-Facet electric fuel pump-GM canister filter
-Offenhauser alum intake
-500 cfm Edelbrock carb C/W electric choke
-Buick distributor with Unilite conversion
-Kennedy engineered product #1000 Buick to Porsche adapter
-KEP 9" Flywheel, clutch and throw-out bearing
-Custon h.d. radiator w/ twin Spals
-Toyota Corolla heater

TRANSMISSION:

Custom built V8 side shift trans by Dr. Evil.
Custom ratios
1st gear lock out
Fresh rebuild, newly installed

BODY:

-Rayco FRP front fenders
-Mitcom 916 rear quarter panels
-P.B. Tweeks FRP flared rocker panels

ELECTRICAL:

-Hella H-4 Q.I. headlites
-Eurolens rear tail lites
-Tach converted to 8cyl
-Mechanical oil pressure and water temp
-Alpine CD
-Electric windows
-Updated blade style fuse blocks
-New Battery

SUSPENSION:

-H AT H Carrera 19mm adj front sway bar
-Addco 16mm rear sway bar
-140# rear springs (100 stock)
-Stock front torsion bar
-Koni adj front and Koni H.D. rear shock absorbers
-BMW 320i front brake conversion
-Stock Porsche rear calipers
-All four calipers have stainless steel liners and completely rebuilt.
-Adj proporsioning valve
-19mm 911 master cylinder
-All rotors have been crossdrilled
-All flex lines are braided stainless steel
-Pagio performance brake pads, all four wheels
-Carrol Shelby Mini-Europa wheels 7/15 front 8.5/15 rear
-Custom roll bar with rear chassis supports

Since I hadn't finished this project there are some things still needed. The headlight motors on not working. Headlights work but motors dont. Have to be raised manually. Passenger side tail light not lighting. In the interior the console by the shifter needs finished so you don't see the shift tower. Needs carpet. Targa seals are in poor condition. Tires, while they look brand new are old and should be replaced. The paint is in OK condition but could be better and please remember it is a 42 year old car and as such is not perfect. Asking $9,000 O.B.O.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
gandalfthegray
And a few more pics....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sorry about all the pics. Not sure if you can post too many per forum etiquette. Feel free to ask questions. The car runs strong and is fun to drive. Thanks for looking!

Steve
951-201-4945
billh1963
That's a lot of car for the money! GLWS
gandalfthegray
Wanted to add that this car is located in northern Minnesota.
Cuda911
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 23 2015, 03:20 PM) *

That's a lot of car for the money! GLWS

I agree!!! Looks under-priced to me. Someone will be getting a smokin' deal here!
gandalfthegray
Bumping this up. Price drop to $8500. Open to offers!

My 993 arrives this Friday and I'm tight on garage space.
gandalfthegray
Hey folks, I listed the car on Ebay. It's going to sell to the highest bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Targa-...em=301589363297

Thought I'd update this thread in case anyone had been considering it. 6 days left on the auction.

Thanks!!
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(gandalfthegray @ Apr 10 2015, 06:18 AM) *

Hey folks, I listed the car on Ebay. It's going to sell to the highest bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Targa-...em=301589363297

Thought I'd update this thread in case anyone had been considering it. 6 days left on the auction.

Thanks!!

whitetwinturbo
You mentioned some rust....where is rust?
Cuda911
Dang this car is tempting!! If it was closer I'd most likely be throwing my wallet at you.
gandalfthegray
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Apr 10 2015, 01:14 PM) *

There are small areas of rust at the base of the doors as seen in this pic and also on the passenger side jack point (just ahead of wheel well) you can see where it was lifted and cracked the metal/ body coating and has begun to rust some. It's actually very small area but it's there.

IPB Image
whitetwinturbo
[quote name='gandalfthegray' date='Apr 11 2015, 12:19 AM' post='2172688']
[quote name='whitetwinturbo' post='2172436' date='Apr 10 2015, 01:14 PM']
[/quote]

There are small areas of rust at the base of the doors as seen in this pic and also on the passenger side jack point (just ahead of wheel well) you can see where it was lifted and cracked the metal/ body coating and has begun to rust some. It's actually very small area but it's there.

[url=http://s856.photobucket.com/user/gandalfthegray_1/media/20150325_065433_zpsd6o1uvb script:emoticon(':D','smid_5')
whitetwinturbo
Please post pictures of:

"also on the passenger side jack point (just ahead of wheel well)"

It would be great to have pictures from behind and below the original battery tray area and the 'longs' on both sides.
gandalfthegray
Drivers side:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Passenger side (Hell Hole)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

whitetwinturbo
Thanks. Your last picture shows rust just forward of the passenger side engine mount at the end of the "long" which would be the bottom side of said "hellhole". This is one of the most 'infamous' 914 spots where rust leads to structural sagging. Please post more photos of that area.
gandalfthegray
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Apr 13 2015, 07:20 AM) *

Thanks. Your last picture shows rust just forward of the passenger side engine mount at the end of the "long" which would be the bottom side of said "hellhole". This is one of the most 'infamous' 914 spots where rust leads to structural sagging. Please post more photos of that area.

I work out of town during the week and that's all the pics I took when I had the car on the lift. Sorry. I was thinking that when I took all the pics it might be overkill vs not enough. lol

I did get a video link of the car start up and idle though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jucq84UCzgM
gandalfthegray
Car is SOLD.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.