Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barnfind 71 - small world
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
While looking at the barnfind.com website I ran across a story of a 71 914 barn find from a few years ago.

Link to story

Seems the man bought the 71 in 73 and parked it in 78 for some unknown reason. Life got in the way and he never got it back on the road. He passed in 2011. His widow decided it was time to sell the farm and the 914 had to go. Her realtor put her in contact with local businessman and Porsche enthusiast, Joe Battista.

Joe bought the car and then promised that he would donate all the money he made form the sale to cancer research. The car was auctioned off and money donated as promise.

Now I come along in 2013 and find the 914 for sale on craigslist in Ohio. I buy it as a parts car from the guy who bought it from the auction. I haven't done much to it as it sits in the back of my storage area. The interesting part is I knew the car was from Rockford IL area based on the paper work that came with it.

Joe brings his beautiful 70 911 to come autocross with my SCCA region which is 2+ hours away from him. I have known Joe for a 8+ years and never knew of this story of how he helped the widow out.

I know for sure the car I have is the one form the story. To bad it is so badly rusted.

KELTY360
Classic! A true 914, even the license plate is rusty. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.