Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In an effort not to end up wrecked like Jamie I'm looking for local weather reports
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
We are leaving MN Tuesday night. passing through a snow storm ravaged southern MN. It looks like we will likely stop in southern MN. over night starting back on the road Wednesday morning.

We had planned on heading south on I35 to 40 and across the southern route. The weather channel just predicted storms from Texas up through Illinois.

It looks like a smaller chance of bad weather if we head across on 80 to 76 through Denver, 70 to 15.

Anyone want to comment on the local weather forecast along that route? Specially west of Denver... I could use some assistance for Wednesday and Thursday along that route.
Ferg
It's been clear and 60-70 here all week, Thursday rain here, so that usually means chance of snow over the Mtn Pass's

Lemmeno If you need a place to crash on your way.

I'm heading to Fruita Friday am for some Mtn Biking. 80 and clear there all weekend.

Ferg beerchug.gif
SLITS
Hot and sunny ..... sad.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 23 2015, 02:37 PM) *

It's been clear and 60-70 here all week, Thursday rain here, so that usually means chance of snow over the Mtn Pass's

Lemmeno If you need a place to crash on your way.

I'm heading to Fruita Friday am for some Mtn Biking. 80 and clear there all weekend.

Ferg beerchug.gif

Thank you sir, we want to get beyond Denver and as far west as we can get before 9:00 pm Thursday. We will still have a long haul to PS Friday.

We may have to try to risk it. Are you saying watch out in the Loveland Area? Where else?
Ferg
Vail, but honestly if you go through during the daytime, I really think you will be fine.

thieuster
windfinder.com

Originally for the sailing and kiting fraternity, but with nearly 8000 spots in the USA, I'm sure you can lift useful info from the spots near or on your route. It's pretty accurate!

Menno
rhodyguy
Rick, take a look at the free MeteoEarthHD app. Very comprehensive 'right now' conditions and acurate future weather patterns from small to large areas.
TheCabinetmaker
No tornados forecasted and 40% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday night, and a slight chance of severe storms for the I-35/I-40 area but good weather all week besides that.

Edit: if your looking for scenery, Colorado is the way to go. If your looking to make time, I-40 is the best bet. New Mexico and Arizona have great scenery too, but Oklahoma west of 35, and the Texas panhandle have little to look at but red dirt.
ConeDodger
Did Jamie even mention that here? blink.gif
dlkawashima
In the Route 66 thread ...

IPB Image
Cairo94507
OMG! WTF happened to Jamie's car? He must be just sick. I am so sorry to see that.
76-914
Rick, I concur. Looking at Wx last nite and noticed the Jet Stream and Gulf Stream were merging. Looked to be around Kansas so stay north and to the west of there and you should be OK.
mgp4591
Rick- Wed and Thurs for the general Utah area is mid to upper 50s with slight chance of rain. Don't think you'll have much problem here or further west- let me know your timeline and I'll keep you up to date! driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
OK weather has changed this morning. We now have a70% chance of severe storms and hail on Wednesday. It's that time of year for storms in Oklahoma. Go north Rick.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 24 2015, 06:55 AM) *

OK weather has changed this morning. We now have a70% chance of severe storms and hail on Wednesday. It's that time of year for storms in Oklahoma. Go north Rick.

Ya, I got up at 4:30 am to watch the weather channel and local weather. Looks like we will hit rain and possibly sleet tonight south of Mpls. and maybe rain when we leave Des Moines to head west. But it doesn't look too bad from there.
Maltese Falcon
Definitely proceed with caution during, or shortly after the rain.
The rain was not too kind to this 959 in Switzerland.
Safe travels Rick !Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
I left for work today 5 minutes late and missed getting into this mischief, at
the same intersection I take everyday sad.gif
Absolutely no bad weather here, just Cali Hot...might need to watch out for the dreaded vapor lock screwy.gif
Drive safe ! Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Mar 23 2015, 09:47 PM) *

In the Route 66 thread ...

IPB Image

That sucks. Sorry Jamie.
TheCabinetmaker
Wow! No tornados forecast. They got that one wrong! To dark to check for damage just now, but there were 90 mph winds at my house. The tornado pulled back up into the storm before it hit Downtown Tulsa, and I'm glad it did. My house and my shop were both in the direct path. One person reported dead. Damage is extensive and widespread through out the city. The back side of the storm brought torrential rains and large hail for several hours. I don't mind telling you guys, I was scared. I was hunkered down in a small hallway with carerra (my boxer) for about an hour. She stayed real close to me the entire time.

Thank you Lord for keeping us safe.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 26 2015, 04:57 AM) *

Wow! No tornados forecast. They got that one wrong! To dark to check for damage just now, but there were 90 mph winds at my house. The tornado pulled back up into the storm before it hit Downtown Tulsa, and I'm glad it did. My house and my shop were both in the direct path. One person reported dead. Damage is extensive and widespread through out the city. The back side of the storm brought torrential rains and large hail for several hours. I don't mind telling you guys, I was scared. I was hunkered down in a small hallway with carerra (my boxer) for about an hour. She stayed real close to me the entire time.

Thank you Lord for keeping us safe.

I hope all is well Curt - I have friends in Sand Springs. Thinking of you guys today.
76-914
Glad your OK Ken. I'm from that part of the world and lived thru 2 of them. I'll take an Earthquake over a Tornado any day. beerchug.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 26 2015, 07:09 AM) *

Glad your OK Ken. I'm from that part of the world and lived thru 2 of them. I'll take an Earthquake over a Tornado any day. beerchug.gif

Be careful what yoiu wish for my friend!
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 26 2015, 07:09 AM) *

agree.gif

I was in Tulsa a long time ago when one went through town. My hotel was in the path, but it lifted and went over the hotel. Took out the airport behind the hotel though.

Since I live in the mountains, I look forward to beach front property! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.