Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to the forum. Looking for part identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vkessler
Hi everyone, This is my first post as I am new to the forum. Can anyone help my identify what this part is called( the piece with the X over it) i need to replace it. but can't find the strip anywhere.Click to view attachment
mepstein
Vent window seal? 914rubber.com makes them

And welcome.png
vkessler
I saw the vent window trim but i'm looking for the aluminumish strip towards the front. Thanks for the welcome
SLITS
QUOTE(vkessler @ Mar 23 2015, 03:55 PM) *

I saw the vent window trim but i'm looking for the aluminumish strip towards the front. Thanks for the welcome

That is the front window frame / guide. You will probably have to find a used one.
vkessler
Thanks so much for the help. here is a picture of mine just to ensure that is it.Click to view attachment
bandjoey
Bdstone. U can find him in a thread or in the classifieds
vkessler
I will try to get in touch with him. Thanks so much.
SLITS
What you imaged is not what I described. I thought the red line in your first image was what you are after. You are correct that it is the trim that holds the leg of the windshield seal.

Bruce (Stone) should have them on parts cars. If not, I can check and see if I have a cut up body with one. As I remember, they are left and right.
Big Len
Looks like a bear tried to break in to your car. How did that happen?
vkessler
For the damage. It's from what they called a micro-burst. It sent 2 tons of roof over 100 feet into my house. somehow it managed to rip the targa top of of my 914 put a few dent in it mess the paint up,damage this trim piece rip my badges off(never found them) and ruin my interior. I would take a bear over that again any day smile.gif Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Holy crap! yikes.gif

Is that hail up against the back window?
vkessler
Yep. i have pics somewhere of the hail in my floor up over the seats. It was a very bad day.
Mike Bellis
welcome.png

You're in the right place... smile.gif
914Sixer
I have one if Bruce doesn't have some.
vkessler
914Sixer, If he doesn't have one, i would definately take this piece off your hands. I'll give him a little while to get back with me and if he doesn't have one then if you wouldn't mind give me a price and we can get things rolling on that. I'm searching through the classifieds now for other things i need. So i suspect i will be purchasing quite a few things from you guys. I love this site.
Big Len
QUOTE(vkessler @ Mar 23 2015, 09:55 PM) *

For the damage. It's from what they called a micro-burst. It sent 2 tons of roof over 100 feet into my house. somehow it managed to rip the targa top of of my 914 put a few dent in it mess the paint up,damage this trim piece rip my badges off(never found them) and ruin my interior. I would take a bear over that again any day smile.gif Click to view attachment

Holy shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.