Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help finding small rubber part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
metalmorphosis
After a year or more of doing nothing other than occasionally driving my car and dealing w its minor issues running, I'm finally doing something about it. I'm starting w fixing an unresolved vacuum leak. I replaced all the vacuum hoses about 1-2 years ago so for the most part that system is good except for the part in question. I've looked on pelican and 914 rubber and as I figured didn't find anything. So what have y'all done to replace this part? Maybe someone has a stash of supple 42 yr old rubber tee's. O yeah its a '73 1.7
dlee6204
Glad to see you're giving your car some love!

GPR might have it. I know AA has them but I can't recommend Buying anything from AA.
tach
Search the web for these numbers. Hope this helps.

Part # 022 129 637 B Branch Piece.

Part # 022 133 085 Pipe

Dave_Darling
Another option that can get your car back on the road is to fake up the part yourself out of plumbing pieces. The exact shape isn't critical, as long as the hoses plug in and the air goes to the right places.

You might be able to find a T with one small leg and two large ones, and some barbed fittings to thread into the T, that will work.

--DD
cary
Best bet is what Dave said.

Being a retailer myself I'm not one to bash another retailer. But I bought that part a couple years ago from AA. Let's just say it lacks a little pride in the finished product.
stinkindiesel
I've struck out on finding one of these. Had one on back order at Bus Depot for a long time, until they finally admitted they couldn't get any more. I ended up making one out of a piece of vacuum hose and a barbed vacuum connector. Ain't as pretty, but it works.

Gary
Cap'n Krusty
I have one NOS piece. Might take a few days to find it.

PM me for details.

The Cap'n
914_teener
I think 914 rubber makes that?

Check with Mark.
Nine_14
A used Tube is avaiable at AA

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Tube-Pa...U022133085.html
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Mar 25 2015, 10:21 AM) *

Not sure I'd order a used part from AA without (or even with) a picture. Just sayin'. dry.gif
metalmorphosis
Thanks for all the advice guys. PM sent to the cap'n from my phone hope it went thru.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.