Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Lugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914guy
I have the steel wheels on my '75 2.0, and I also have a set of the Riv. wheels sitting in my basement. I have heard that you cannot use the steel wheel lugs with the alloy wheels. Could this be done temporally if I kept an eye on how tight the bolts are, or should this not be done at all?

Also someone on the PP board was telling me that there was a set of Audi bolts that would fit, and work with the alloy wheels, has anyone tried this?

Thanks,
~Eric
Joe Bob
Well...no. They are shorter than needed and could strip out under hard cornering.
Mike D.
I don't think you need long wheel bolts for Rivieras, or the other VW empi wheels.

Take one of you wheel bolts and put it through on the holes and see how much stick out the back...

You do need long wheel bolts for the Porsche 4 lug alloys, Pedrinis and Mahles.

- Mike D.
JRust
Yes you need a set of longer lugs for those. I had a set of Empi's originally & they were fine with the shorter lugs. So I'm not real sure on Riveira wheels. I do have a set of Chrome lugs that are longer for the alloy wheels. Brand new! Anyway good luck & feel free to email me if interested!
914guy
If I stick the lug through the wheel, how much threading should stick out in order for it to be safe?

~Eric
seanery
I've heard 4 or 5 complete turns.
Don't know if that's good enough or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.