Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OEM Aftermarket 914-6 Accelerator Cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Sixer
These are OEM aftermarket 914-6 cable. Right now the only cables available are from Porsche. No aftermarket ones that I can find. I have found a stash of 9 accelerator cables.

Current retail on -6 accelerator cable (special order from dealer) is $100.

My price would be $49 each. Cheap insurance?

I can have them by next week. Who needs one?
RJMII
what's the difference between a -6 accelerator cable and a -4 ?

I need an accelerator cable in my watercooled car. the stock -4 seems to be... almost inadequate?
Gint
I'm interested in one of each Mark.
914Sixer
Six clutch cables are a little more heavy duty. -6 and -4 accelerator cables are completely different and not interchangeable. -6 cable stays under the car, -4 goes to top of engine.
JStroud
I'd be interested in both
Jasfsmith
I'm in for one of each. Email me the payment specifics.

James Smith
sbsix
I'm in for one of each.
BuddyV
Two (2) of each, please.

Let me know the details......

beerchug.gif
76-914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 24 2015, 08:28 PM) *

what's the difference between a -6 accelerator cable and a -4 ?

I need an accelerator cable in my watercooled car. the stock -4 seems to be... almost inadequate?

Terry cable will make you one. If your going Suby you will need one with the sheath at the same length but the cable will be 6" longer, IIRC. They'll send an ass't of ends but you'll need only the 6mm barrel end.
914Sixer
Okay, I will order them this afternoon and get them on the way.
Brian_Boss
No disrespect intended but I would suggest you pass on the clutch cables. OE Gemo 914-6 clutch cable is available for less than $32.

914Sixer
Brian is CORRECT. Gemo -6 clutch cables ARE available and a lot cheaper.
914Sixer
I am not going to order clutch cables, since I have been told others are available. I thought I had a good deal for everyone.

Thanks,
Mark
Jeffs9146
I will take one accelerator cable.......where and how? Shipped to 94505.

Thanks
Steve
I will take an accelerator cable.
sixnotfour
me two
914Sixer
ALL the accelerator cables are spoken for. I will have more info later in the week when they will be shipped.
914Sixer
Well, I have some bad news. The cables that came in are for a -4 NOT the -6. I am not happy about this. Not going to buy any more stuff with out detailed pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.