Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brown Interiors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I'm thinking about a brown interior... I think I'd like something darker than the original tan vinyl.

Anyone have pics of such an animal?

-Rusty smoke.gif
SirAndy
there was a light brown (tan) but there also was a dark brown available.

i have seen both, the dark brown looks better, IMHO.
my car came with the tan setup originally. sold it a long time ago.

don't remember to whom. hey. if you're out there, speak up! did you ever end up putting it in your car ???

i still think the original white is a killer setup. especially on blue cars ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Rusty
The white is indeed an E-ticket ride. wub.gif

But... the project I'm considering isn't blue. idea.gif

Any brown pics? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
markb
skline was talking about changing out the brown he has in his new car. Maybe he'll speak up.....?
BIGKAT_83
Is this the light tan or is it another shade.

Bob
scotty b
Did you make that driver seat or buy it from someone? I have a set of sport seats that I have swapped through 3 cars now. I love them so much and have been cosidering making a set of 914 seats with the same type bolsters, and now I see yours is exactly what I have been thinking!! smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
We gots that. The whole werks is F/S....semi-cheep. The seats now have matching brown cloth. Ah, found this pic.
J P Stein
The in-car is old & not to the point
redshift
I want to do my dash in heart pine.

rolleyes.gif

M
J P Stein
Back when I gave a shit, I was trying to keep the colors close. confused24.gif
redshift
AP WIRE 2/13/05 7:14 PM:

914CLUB DOT COM REPORTS JP ONCE GAVE A SHIT.

smile.gif

Hey man, wood is good, especially for a chopper... you can cut what you want, and if you can find decent pattern grade mahogany, light as a feather too. That looks like mahogany, rift/slab cut.. luthiers like it on the 1/4. smile.gif

Red spruce would rock!

M
scotty b
wacko.gif Fo rizzle my nizzle dats the shizzle bobizzle on da d-lo wif da fo-fo- jankin like the po-po wuz on my jock when I creeped up on da dubs and blazed them mo-fo's an dere ex's an ho's. I'm onda rundizzle nizzle fo the po-po be peepin fo my whip ya bitch ass playa.
jd74914
I've got the brown interior in my 74 (correction had, now its all pulled out for rust repair) If I find a pic soon I'll post it. I don't think I have any of the full inside though

Mine looks like JP's, except I have all vinyl and no cloth inserts
mistro
I have an original brown, with cloth inserts and origianl carpets. With my Orange exterior it's the only way to go, IMHO. I'll get a pix out in the next couple of days but here's the web site on the car and you can see the brown interior. Rgds, Michael
mistro
Sorry, here's the link
73 ORANGE 914

mistro
Of course after moving the car to New England, I guess I should call it the Nutmeg Orange? LOL. Tough winter for the liitel guy. See other post. Rgds, Michael
Trekkor
prolly seen this...
skline
Lawrence, if you buy that car from Clayton, I will throw my brown interior inside and you can have it. I want the only color I think looks right in my 914s, and that is Black. I am going to paint the white car yellow so black will look best in my opinion.
smg914
I believe I posted this picture last week but here it is again. I'm taking this car for a cruise this morning. I'll take my camera along and shoot a few pictures of the interior for you.
smg914
Brown interior pic 1 of 5
smg914
smg914
smg914
smg914
Kargeek
There some brown pics in my webshots link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/29151579sPbaMhrqvk

DH
Bleyseng
I have a tan interior I am taking out but I think the white interior is the best color of all.
mercdev
Adjusted it a little to make it look "more white" smile.gif
Brent
Those seats are wild! w00t.gif rocking nana.gif
CptTripps
I've got this one for sale if you are interested...

Seats, Back and Door panels for $320+sh.

I've got more pics if you are interested...
ninefourteener
Not that you don't have enough already.... but here's a couple of pics of my car smile.gif
ninefourteener
2JDJFGXJFX
ninefourteener
KHKCKHGCKHGC
Rusty
Thank you, everyone, for all the replies and pics.

After seeing the beautiful interiors and all the input, I think that brown might be better suited for the blue car... rather than the other project I'm considering.

I do appreciate these pics... I'm always blown away by how beautiful everyone's cars are! wub.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Toast
I had brown interior on the 914 that Skline now has. Give me a few to get pics.
Toast
Sorry, guess I'm a little slow. Looks like you have had some good pics displayed here and have made up your mind.

Now where the heck did my avatar pic go? idea.gif
bperry
Here is another picture of the lighter tan color, in case you were still
deciing on which color brown.
These have a cloth facing rather than vinyl.
I kind of like the lighter tan. To me, it seems to blend in better with the
tan carpet and revenna green paint.
Plus having the cloth facings really helps in the hot Texas heat when
you are wearing shorts.
Not sure if the facings are original, but I've had the car for 22 years
and they were that way when I bought the car.

--- bill

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.