Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about stainless steel wheel rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
were these stock on some models?still same stock size?any body have a picture?.is 300 too much for a as new set?
Mueller
Pictures?

Are you talking about the beauty rings for steel rims?
rosenfe
not sure what beauty rings are,these are steel rims that were original to 914 with center caps and caps for lug nut.i ended up buying them after all.there in excellent shape.i still have my painted pedrinis and will refinish at a later date
Cuda911
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Mar 25 2015, 03:14 PM) *

not sure what beauty rings are,these are steel rims that were original to 914 with center caps and caps for lug nut.i ended up buying them after all.there in excellent shape.i still have my painted pedrinis and will refinish at a later date

Note quite sure what you mean either. Steelies (steel rims) were the lowest cost wheel option. Some people added chrome rings around the perimeter, and various types of center-caps (including the half-moon ones).

Few people want the steelies, and many have expressed difficulty in even giving them away for free. I sold my set last year for $100, after I replaced the wheels with Mahles.

Here's my car with the old steeies and rusty trim rings. Is that what you mean?
rosenfe
yup thats them but in a lot better shape.oh well ill back out of the deal
rosenfe
what size tire do they take?
Cuda911

I've been sticking with the skinny stock size: 165 80 15.

Not sure the full size range it will accept. I probably should have gone for a lower aspect ration and wider tire.

914Sixer
Another tire options is Vredstein 185 70 15. Same size used by 911 in the 70's.
Around $135 each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.