Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone remember . . .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
madd_dogg_914
I have searched and searched all morning long on the past posts as well as on google. I remember seeing carbon fiber rain shields for use over the weber carbs on 6 cylinder cars. Does anyone know where/how to get these, or a link to the post, or any info at all. Any help is much appreciated.

-Chris
Dave Blackburn
I remember that post on the pelican board. Here you go.... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....ht=carbon+fiber

dave..
maf914
Here is the stuff CarbonJoe was planning to offer.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/sunshine79vw/ls...otos.yahoo.com/

Mike
Qarl
I have tried and tried to no avail and he doesn't respond. I wanted a set too, but I don't think he is interested.

He does have a website.

If you get anywhere with the guy, let me know.

Carbonjoe@attbi.com

Or if you find one somewhere else, let me know!
Qarl
www.carbonjoe.net

That's his website.

Karl
madd_dogg_914
Thanks, looks like it might be a lost cause. On the flip side there is a lot of people selling carbon fiber sheets, you just heat them up and apply to whatever you want. So I can get som normal carb covers and cover them myself (20 bucks says I go through a whole sheet of the carbon fiber before I get it right!)

-Chris
Qarl
Ohhh.. CF.

Here it is!
Qarl
I am thinking of doing this...
seanery
the cf shroud is nice looking, but $1000 was the only price I ever saw for it.
Too pricey for me!
Qarl
I've seen $300 to $450, but not $1000.
madd_dogg_914
That is what I want to do, and with the CF rain shroud dealies (I am very technical) it should look awesome!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ Jun 4 2003, 05:49 PM)
That is what I want to do, and with the CF rain shroud dealies (I am very technical) it should look awesome!!!

i am getting into the CF stuff myself, i'm planning on doing the front dash cover and the lower pad (already have the top-dash in CF) as well as the door-panels, maybe even the middle console ...

"I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so"

i'll keep you guys posted smile.gif
Andy
bernbomb914
somebody should do a targa top in CF It would be lite and strong and would look awesome.

Bernie driving.gif
madd_dogg_914
That aint too bad of an idea, carbon fiber targa top . . . hmmmmmmmm

a little ricey, but functional. A lot more cabin noise inside though I bet

-Chris
cha914
Thought about that myself...I am about to get shop space...maybe in a few months after I am a master at welding, I willl take up laying fiber tongue.gif

only time will tell...shit, if those saratoga tops sell that well, just imagine a CF top, should sell like hotcakes...oh wait, I forgot we are talking about 914's here tongue.gif...you sell one or two and get a billion emails...

I would hate to sell ricer stuff...but the money sure looks good...

Tony
914Timo
Yes, I like the cf shrouds too......

Here is mine. All I can say, it is not at all as easy to laminate these as you may think. This is my third and it is not perfect at all. mad.gif
sechszylinder
Aloha Timo,

that looks almost perfect !!!! clap56.gif Do you plan to make more of them ?

Benno
914Timo
I gave that one to the friend who borrowed his original shroud for mold. So, I have to make at least one for me. wink.gif

Right now I have some problems with the place where I could laminate them. They smell "a little" and nobody would like to allow me to do them... pain30.gif

But, as soon as I have time and a good place I could make couple of extra shrouds. Before that I have to make a mold from 356 SpeedsterĀ“s bucet seat and 6 copys. I have promiced to do that to my friend. He is 356 enthusiast and he have told me those are really rare and expensive seats. I dont know, but I get some ca$$h from copying them chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.