Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick release wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Blue6
Looking to put a quick release on my '70. Spoke with Momo USA today and was told they discontinued the hub for early (70-71) in 2005, part #8000. Any suggestions on a hub and quick release will be very much appreciated. If anybody would part with a hub that would be great. Thanx
iamchappy
Check with tekniq they have a great quick release and i believe they have hubs too.
i cant remember who makes mine hopefully it will come to me later but it's not a Momo. I think its a Sparco.

http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/steeringquickrelease.htm

http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/preorder/preorder.htm
Blue6
Thank you iamchappy for the techniqauto link. I will be using their quick release. They only had one lead on a hub though. They referred me to a gentleman that had a NOS Momo hub for sale for $450. I guess I'll keep looking . I talk to Sparco, also no luck.
wndsnd
I just put a NRG on the Miata, it works with the popular 6 bolt wheel hubs, so if you get a momo adapter or any other 914 to aftermarket wheel 6 bolt hub it should work. They have a number of styles and anodizing colors. I did the black and am impressed with the quality, ease of use, and the way the horn integrates as well. A deep dish wheel will space out quite a bit though. You should use a flatter wheel design or go with a shallow/short hub.

John
Mike Bellis
Blue, I think I have one. It came on my 74 but didn't fit right. So I bought the correct one. It had a gap on my 74 about 1/2"-3/4" from the hub to the steering column. The late model unit did not have the gap.
The hub I have does not have any marking other than "Top", inside a triangle. The outer skin is fluted rubber on a steel frame. It looks similar to this pic I stole from the internet.

Click to view attachment

I give it to you for the price of shipping. I owe you anyway. smile.gif PM me.
Blue6
Thank you "Wndsnd" for the info,I have seen NRG's stuff . I'll look into it. Mr Bellis, you don't owe me squat. Thank you for the offer and I'll pick it up from you at WCR, if that's ok. Anxious to met you and have a cold "soda" or two. Dave
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Mar 27 2015, 07:19 PM) *

Thank you "Wndsnd" for the info,I have seen NRG's stuff . I'll look into it. Mr Bellis, you don't owe me squat. Thank you for the offer and I'll pick it up from you at WCR, if that's ok. Anxious to met you and have a cold "soda" or two. Dave

I owe you a beer at least! beerchug.gif

See you there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.