Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: custom graphics for a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
For a race car without a roof or windshield...

I would like a low quality vinyl solution to cover hoods, fenders, and doors...something I can replace yearly...

Anyone do this?

Rich
Joe Bob
Best bet...is to do it locally...the biggest beeyatch is the install....
r_towle
it to big for you Dave.....

Vinyl makes it cheap to change my mind...
ArtechnikA
This Guy is well-known on the 356 list as a jerk with an ego as large as all outdoors, but he may actually do good work and he is close. worth checking out, probably, although he will probably call you names and hang up on you if you say you want low quality.

he may respond to "value priced" but he has on many occasions given me the impression he has more money than sense...
Hi_Fi_Guy
http://www.bluemedia.com/

Blue Media did the local Arizona Flag Boxster racer. The graphics come off and the paind looks pretty good underneath.

I'm sure each metro area has at least one place capable of this. They mostly do buses, limos, trucks, etc.
Chris914n6
Digital graphics are pricey. We used to do taxi's at $850 in bulk pricing. Takes a heat gun to remove and still will usually need the adhesive cleaned off with solvent. There are tricks to getting it on nicely.
Just solid vinyl might be enough if you want a cheap paint job. much easier to work with and you can cut it for shapes/flames/whatever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.