Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad exhaust on its way!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
After reading some threads here, decided to contact Dave at Triad about an exhaust for my '73 2.0. Had been thinking about trying to get something that sounded a bit meatier. I decided to go with the Triad version that exits in the stock valence on the driver side but is turned down on the right side in order to avoid modifying the stock valence.

Have heard a few comments here about challenges in getting in touch with Dave. I can say that my experience was great when I picked up the phone and called him. Emails did not get a response but Dave was great and very helpful over the phone. And, I thought I would need to wait a while since he had a waiting list but he surprised me a few days ago by telling me he was ready to ship.

I forgot to ask Dave about the install. Does anyone know if this is an absolute direct fit with no modifications of hangers/brackets? I recall hearing that it is.

Will take video's of the before and after so that those of you who are interested can hear the difference. excited to get this installed.

Steve

BeatNavy
QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 26 2015, 12:07 PM) *

I can say that my experience was great when I picked up the phone and called him. Emails did not get a response but Dave was great and very helpful over the phone. And, I thought I would need to wait a while since he had a waiting list but he surprised me a few days ago by telling me he was ready to ship.

Very similar experience. Calling works best

I look forward to putting mine on that I received about 10 days ago. Should be doing it next week. I believe it's "plug and play" with the properly matched HE's, but others have done it, and I have not (yet).
Triaddave
All exhausts are direct bolt on applications with no body/hangers modifications. All I should say except the standard design where the valence need to be notched to accept second tip.
By the way, if I'm sitting at this stupid computer, I'm not welding....
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Triaddave @ Mar 26 2015, 01:12 PM) *

Roger that, Dave. Just don't want anyone to give up trying to get ahold of you if they haven't picked up the phone...
TJB/914

After reading some threads here, decided to contact Dave at Triad about an exhaust for my '73 2.0. Had been thinking about trying to get something that sounded a bit meatier. I decided to go with the Triad version that exits in the stock valence on the driver side but is turned down on the right side in order to avoid modifying the stock valence.

Have heard a few comments here about challenges in getting in touch with Dave. I can say that my experience was great when I picked up the phone and called him. Emails did not get a response but Dave was great and very helpful over the phone. And, I thought I would need to wait a while since he had a waiting list but he surprised me a few days ago by telling me he was ready to ship.

I forgot to ask Dave about the install. Does anyone know if this is an absolute direct fit with no modifications of hangers/brackets? I recall hearing that it is.

Will take video's of the before and after so that those of you who are interested can hear the difference. excited to get this installed.

Steve

Steve,
FYI: If you can have them install an "Oxygen Sensor Bung" on the back side of the muffler so you can tune your F.I. system. I forgot to do it before I had mine coated to look CW. hissyfit.gif
Triad mufflers sound awesome!!!
Tom
oldschool
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Mar 26 2015, 11:08 AM) *

Steve

Steve,
FYI: If you can have them install an "Oxygen Sensor Bung" on the back side of the muffler so you can tune your F.I. system. I forgot to do it before I had mine coated to look CW. hissyfit.gif
Tom

Steve that's a sweet set up whats the $ for the set-up.
914Next
QUOTE(Triaddave @ Mar 26 2015, 01:12 PM) *

All exhausts are direct bolt on applications with no body/hangers modifications. All I should say except the standard design where the valence need to be notched to accept second tip.

Get off the computer Dave! Would much rather have you welding. And, my comments were not meant to be criticism but rather a simple suggestion for others to call you directly if they want to connect. Thanks again for the quick turn around on my exhaust.

Steve
914Next
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Mar 26 2015, 02:08 PM) *

Steve

Steve,
Tom

Thanks, Tom. Who did your coating. I may delay gratification for a week or so and have this done.
TJB/914
QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 26 2015, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Mar 26 2015, 02:08 PM) *

Steve

Steve,
Tom

Thanks, Tom. Who did your coating. I may delay gratification for a week or so and have this done.

Steve,
Exotic Coatings in Romulus, MI does all my power & Ceramic Coatings. Call Fred if interested, he is a long time family friend & he will have to quote a $$__ price.
BTW: Cut out the duel opening on the lower valance, it gives your 914 a bad boy look. smilie_pokal.gif
Tom

pete000
Hey ! I used to live on Beverly road in Michigan !!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.