Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine bay layout -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
Guys,

A spin-off from another posting earlier this morning abou the layout of my newly bought 914. I'm still in the dark when it comes to layout and routing of cables and hoses.

What I would like to see is a (or more) example(s) of nicely prepped engine bays. Just as an example for me as a target to achieve.

My car is a full blown European 2.0 version - if that's important.

My car's engine bay (current state):
IPB Image

IPB Image

And for comparison only: -what I think an engine bay should look like: the engine of my 1959 TR3A:

IPB Image

Thanks in advance - and have a great weekend!

Menno
URY914
Looks about right. happy11.gif
Geezer914
Do a search for a thread on "show us your engine". It had some nice pictures when I needed to do my 1.8L.
reharvey
Just need to keep it neat and organized.
thieuster
Thank you guys so far; this is interesting too!

IPB Image

Menno
KELTY360
You've got some great examples to work from but it will never look as good as that TR3. The 2.0L 914 may be more fun to drive but that TR3 engine bay is nothing short of simple beauty!

Great combination, a TR3 and a 914. Do you have any other old cars you want to show us? We love pictures.
Big Len
Go to the top of this page, click on 914 Forums

Click on Originality and History.

7th thread down should do it for it.
Big Len
Go to the top of this page, click on 914 Forums

Click on Originality and History.

7th thread down should do it for it.
patssle
The best engine bay is one with a /6 in it! tongue.gif

IPB Image
wes
Just Installed, not done yet!Click to view attachment
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(reharvey @ Mar 27 2015, 03:56 PM) *

Just need to keep it neat and organized.

your engine bay looks great would love mine to look like that some day
are those the original/stock clips holding your sound pad? they look longer than mine also anybody know where to source the big round plastic? nut or grommet or whatever that holds the center of the pad to the firewall? mine is missing and the clips are ineffective. I cant keep it up laugh.gif
I read the pelican article about using the 3M adhesive and will probly go that route but would like the center fastener
cjl
mepstein
I remember seeing a pic of someone's cis fueled t4 engine. Cleanest looking fi install ive seen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.