Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 tanks - did you loctite or thread sealant the 2 mounting bolts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Just curious what others did and if they leaked. I think mine is slightly leaking from the forward mounting bolt. I don't know why they are threaded all the way though into the tank...just makes leaking a possibility!
rgalla9146
Bolts ?
They should be studs.
Permanently part of the tank.
No chance for leakage.
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 27 2015, 10:43 PM) *

Bolts ?
They should be studs.
Permanently part of the tank.
No chance for leakage.

agree.gif mine are on an original 6 tank
patssle
Ahhh guess you pay for what you get. My aftermarket Vellios tank is thread tapped all the way through. Stupid but probably cheaper/easier or something to build.
t collins
I loctited threated studs in my Vellios tank, so far so good.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(patssle @ Mar 27 2015, 06:48 PM) *

Ahhh guess you pay for what you get. My aftermarket Vellios tank is thread tapped all the way through. Stupid but probably cheaper/easier or something to build.

Man, I am really learning a lot about the tank sitting on my shelf from your trials and tribulations. I am becoming concerned about mine, even though I probably won't be installing it anytime soon.

If I recall correctly, you also had the oil filter fitting drilled off-center, and it seems there was something else besides the subject of this thread... ???
t collins
it seems there was something else besides the subject of this thread... ???
[/quote]

I heard some of the tanks didn't have an internal perforated baffle, easy to check if you'll look in the fill hole.
patssle
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Mar 27 2015, 07:07 PM) *

Man, I am really learning a lot about the tank sitting on my shelf from your trials and tribulations. I am becoming concerned about mine, even though I probably won't be installing it anytime soon.

If I recall correctly, you also had the oil filter fitting drilled off-center, and it seems there was something else besides the subject of this thread... ???

Yeah that was my tank. But you know - it became a gift in the end. It forced me to go with a remote oil filter mount (after a TON of research to find what would work) which allowed to install an oil temp sensor into the mount (and a gauge into the center console). Then last month I installed an oil cooler and put the fan temp sensor into the filter mount as well. No couplings or sensors obstructing oil flow.

Just measure and see if yours was drilled center - easy to find out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.