Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upholstry shop used staples too long
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ltd
Door panels are too thin for shops "short" staples. Anyone know a source for original length staples? Thanks, Brad
partwerks
Brad,

Do you have a picture of the staples you are referring to?
scotty b
vinyl basketweave wraps around the edges of the door panels and they are stapled to the fiber panel, around the edges on the backside
914ltd
The tips of the staples went all the way thru the fiberboard and created a lot of little lumps where the barbs went thru. These staples were the shortest the shop had. I measured the total height of an original staple and it is only 4mm.
rangrbob
QUOTE(914ltd @ Mar 28 2015, 09:12 PM) *

The tips of the staples went all the way thru the fiberboard and created a lot of little lumps where the barbs went thru. These staples were the shortest the shop had. I measured the total height of an original staple and it is only 4mm.

Brad you'll need to find a source for 5/32" 22 gauge staples. Similar to the ones in the link below. The hardest part may be finding a gun that will shoot them. I used one that says the minimum length is 1/4", but it worked fine.

http://www.stapleheadquarters.com/Categori...aspx?Id=Senco_C

I can get you the info on the staples and gun I used in a couple days if you want.

Karl
TheCabinetmaker
I agree with Karl. 5/32" is only .001 less that 4mm. A cheap Hitachi staple gun should handle those.
BarberDave

BRAD : The upholster used the wrong staples, seems to my it's his job to

correct the error. Dave AKA BARBERDAVE
914ltd
Thanks all. I am now correctly stapled. 5/32 is the answer. Brad
KELTY360
QUOTE(914ltd @ Apr 8 2015, 07:11 PM) *

Thanks all. I am now correctly stapled. 5/32 is the answer. Brad

5/32...good to know...all this time I thought the answer was 42.
nomore9one4
5/32" and shoot the staple in at a slight angle! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.