Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Very Nice Black 74 914 for sale in AZ $15,900
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
allardk3
For Sale: 1974 Porsche 914
Rust free Porsche 914 in rare optional L041 Black over Black interior. The car has been completely gone through and looks and drives like a new car (only with more power!) The car has perfect paint and nearly perfect interior. The engine was rebuilt about 3,000 mi ago with a 96mm big bore kit, SCAT C-25 cam, new Webber 40mm IDFs and all top quality bearings and gaskets. It runs dual 40mm Webber IDF’s that have been thoroughly tuned to make very strong power while avoiding the flat spots and drivability issues associated with some carb conversions. I have the records and receipts back to 1980. Please see the included wide band O2 data from the car to show the level of tune. Hop in and drive anywhere!

Car Pics
http://s309.photobucket.com/user/jdonick/l...rt=6&page=1
Underbody Pics
http://s309.photobucket.com/user/jdonick/l...rt=3&page=1
Engine Pics
http://s309.photobucket.com/user/jdonick/l...rt=3&page=1
Pre-restoration pics
http://s309.photobucket.com/user/jdonick/l...rt=6&page=1

Body
No rust what so ever. There was some minor rust in hell hole area that has been professionally repaired (before and after pics in the gallery) and then coated with POR 15.
Freshly sanded to bare metal with glass out repaint to an extremely high standard. The black paint looks like you can swim in it and the sides are smooth enough to give a perfect reflection without any waves or distortion. It is really good. (This is part of the reason that I am selling it as I am just waiting for one of my kids to scratch it with their bikes. It might kill me…..) I filled the side marker light holes (welded metal, not filler), added new fiberglass bumper tops, and removed and filled the holes for the rubber bumper over riders. The bumpers are painted a satin black to offset the gloss black of the body. One negative: the upper fiberglass bumper top has a slight wave in it.
Rubber seals and light gaskets were recently replaced with new parts from 914 Rubber.com, including window seals and the expensive targa top seal. The door alignment is perfect and the doors open and close smoothly with the correct “thunk”.

Interior
Everything works properly and looks great. The seats look and feel new, all switches work as designed, gauges and gauge illumination works properly, heater works well, etc. The radio also looks original, but sounds great because it can be used with an iPod or other external input through a hidden standard headphone jack. The original owner’s manual is in the glove box. Items of note:
- New Carpet
- Seats Recovered in original basket weave material
- New dash face vinyl and dash top vinyl
- Upper dash pad has new vinyl wrap. (This is the only piece of the interior that I am not super happy with as it doesn’t stick to the original contours as well as I would like. There is meant to be a new reproduction upper dash pad coming from 914rubber.com in the next few months at a reasonable price. Once this is available I was planning on installing it. It looks good as is, but I would prefer closer to original contours.)
- Lower dash-pad recovered in new vinyl and looks great.
- A pillar trim, Header trim, and Targa trim all recovered and look new.
- Recovered Door Panels
- New Original looking “Retro Sound” radio with input for iPhone or MP3 player installed with Rockford Fosgate speakers.
- New factory original shift knob.

Engine
Well tuned. Runs smoothly without any driveability issues while making significantly more power than a stock 2.0L. (See the wide band AF ratio data in the gallery for documentation.) Items of note:
- Fully Rebuilt 3000mi ago
- 1.8L crank and case
- 96mm Pistons and jugs
- Scat C25 “Hard Core” Cam
- New dual Webber 40mm IDF’s with velocity stacks and new air cleaners. 52 Idle Jets, 1.15 Main Jets, F11 Emulsion Tubes.
- Melling Oil Pump
- Bosch 205 AA Distributor (Running the Mechanical advance only as the curve is well suited to the cam and carb combination.)
- New: Plugs, Wires, Points, Condenser, Cap, and Rotor
- New Air Filters
- New High Torque Gear Reduction Starter
- Fuel tank removed, professionally cleaned, and repainted. All new fuel lines from the tank to the carbs.
- Just adjusted the valves
- Bursch Exhaust (Sounds really good.)
- New Engine Mounts

Transaxle
The side shift 901 transaxle shifts precisely and smoothly. If you rush the 1st to 2nd gear upshift at high RPM it is possible to beat the synchro and get some grinding. During normal driving, I do not get any grinding at all. Items of note:
- All new shift linkage bushings
- New Transmission Mounts
- Fresh GL5 oil change

Chassis
Rides and steers like a new car. Shocks and bushings are all fresh, there is no play in the steering wheel and it is a blast to drive. It is one of the most responsive and engaging cars that I have ever driven.
- Forged original polished aluminum fuchs 2.0L wheels
- New Yokohama 205/60R15 Tires (Fit perfectly with no clearance issues.)
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Good Brake Pads
HaraPuzo
very nice car and work you've done to it.
I'm sure it'll find a new home very soon smile.gif
allardk3
QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Mar 31 2015, 05:32 AM) *

Thanks for the compliment!

I plan on having the car out this Saturday morning over at the Scottsdale Cars and Coffee if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Cheers,
Mike
STP001
QUOTE(allardk3 @ Apr 2 2015, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Mar 31 2015, 05:32 AM) *

Thanks for the compliment!

I plan on having the car out this Saturday morning over at the Scottsdale Cars and Coffee if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Cheers,
Mike

what time will you be there?
allardk3
Just got back! Sorry I missed you. It was a great turnout this morning. I am around this weekend. Give me a call if you want to take her for a spin. 734 837 3576.

Mike
allardk3
Sale Pending. I am glad that it looks like it is going to a good home and will be well driven!

Cheers,
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.