Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blogs, when do we get this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Its been talked about and I was wondering how this BBS feature is coming along.

Geoff
vortrex
right after the ecommerce and user gallery.
MattR
I had an idea for the user gallery. One of my friends told me about a BMW forum where one entire forum is dedicated to people's cars. Basically each person makes a thread for however many cars they want to show and put a link in their signiture. This way it will stay on the board, and you can update the thread as your car changes. And people can reply to the posts if they have speciffic questions about a setup or something. I cant imagine it taking too much work to set something like this up. Or am I crazy?
914werke
right after the ecommerce and user gallery.

agree.gif ecommerce, what ecommerce dry.gif headbang.gif confused24.gif
Im thinking it was all a dream,
AZ914
MattR's idea is a good one.. my other car forum does that. Just a seperate forum called 'gallery' in which you can open your own thread with pics. Not easy to just go browse pictures though. The problem with threads is they get full of crap that ain't pics....

What are BLOGS? wacko.gif
Bleyseng
Kinda like the 4strut aluminum hubs in 4 or 5 bolt. I guess I just get my hopes up to get them dashed over and over again.
I thought there were admin guys all over these features but ....guess they are busy with real work.

Geoff
Jeroen
it's not the admins that are draggin their feet (the e-commerce is ready and fully functional - has been for quite some time actually...)
Bleyseng
oh, ok THAT answer my question. That was a D. Rumsfeld reply........
Brad Roberts
Mark D is/was hand writing a blogger. It has tested fine.

Here is the scoop on the Ecomm: I have NO wholesale account to buy the stock parts. When I have one, we will sell parts. Until then.. buy from someone else. No big deal.

Go on with life. The world wont come to an end if you dont have billet hubs/Ecomm/blog/members gallery.

People like to complain, but they dont offer to help. Out of all the people associated behind the scenes of this place you have a total of 4 that are capable of installing/configuring different features. That is pretty slim. I personally have NO time for it right now and most of the others are busy also.

B
Rouser
What are BLOGS?

Isn't it that thing Steve McQueen saved us all from back in '58?
McMark
Here's the deal:

The blogs are sort of working. I'd be happy to release it into the wild now if ya'll want, but right now it's just text entry. Images aren't too far behind and you could always go back and add pictures later.

So if you want text only Blogging right now then I'll get it ready for that. If you wanna wait until next month, I'll have more ready.

Bare bones now, or full featured later?
Bleyseng
I vote wait for the pics..

Kinda boring reading this word only blog..

Feb 15th:

Today, I cut more rust out of the hellhole. Wow, I never imagined it was this rusty and after I cut my hand on the sawsall I wasn't sure I could do it. I kept right on cutting but hey, was I supposed to cut thru that weird looking piece? You know the one that shaped like Miles's dohickey...
later that night I had a visit from the Toolwench......

Geoff
McMark
That's what I figured. wink.gif
Gint
Wait until you're ready Mark. Don't let the animals force you into a premature release. They can run in the wheel until their new toy is finished.
Bleyseng
Arf, arf!! pray.gif Yack.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.