Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam Selection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Hopefully I'll be ready to put my motor back in in about 3 weeks. It is a 2.0 with euro P/C's, HD oil pump, stock d-jet. The cam that's in it is a new Elgin with 256 duration and .296 lift. Any ideas on what to expect. I'm thinking idle might be a little iffy but it should widen the power band some. Opinions?
Allan
I though you guys would jump all over this. Maybe it's such a bad combo that nobody wants to burst my bubble? wink.gif
Aaron Cox
you told me that they said it works with fuel injection right?

does the cam have any overlap?
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 14 2005, 04:43 PM)

Yep, it's supposed to work well with stock FI but after talking to a few people with experience on type 1's it may have idle issues. Don't know about the overlap.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 14 2005, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 14 2005, 04:43 PM)

Yep, it's supposed to work well with stock FI but after talking to a few people with experience on type 1's it may have idle issues. Don't know about the overlap.

must have to do with vacuum.....

keep your foot in it at idle rolleyes.gif lol2.gif
Allan
I'm just hoping that it can be tuned to run smooth all the way through the rpm range.
Jake Raby
The Type IV key is a split duration cam...

It'll run smooth without it, but NOTHING I have seen straight pattern has touched a split cam.

It's all in the combo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.