Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kennedy adapter plate & flywheel question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
got914?
Does the KEP flywheel bolt directly to the crankshaft or does the old ring gear go in between like a spacer ?
bulitt
QUOTE(got914? @ Mar 30 2015, 07:08 PM) *

Does the KEP flywheel bolt directly to the crankshaft or does the old ring gear go in between like a spacer ?

? My flywheel has the ring gear on it, and bolts directly to the crank.

Adapter and flywheel on-

Click to view attachment

Clutch disk on-

Click to view attachment

Clutch on-

Click to view attachment

got914?
I was just wondering because obviously the KEP setup is much smaller than a stock ring gear which means the starter needs to be moved. On a SBC it wouldn't be a big deal but on a northstar where the starter is under the intake im not sure how you would start that. HMMM maybe an email to KEP is in order.

PS. I haven't ordered my adapter yet was just brainstorming.
PPS. NICE BLING !

EDIT ; OK guess i wasnt very clear. With a 915 obviously you wouldnt have much issue. IM more referring to with a 6 speed boxster s which has an engine mounted starter.
SirAndy
Flywheel to crank, ring-gear to flywheel ...
smile.gif

IPB Image
Mueller
QUOTE(got914? @ Mar 30 2015, 04:38 PM) *

I was just wondering because obviously the KEP setup is much smaller than a stock ring gear which means the starter needs to be moved. On a SBC it wouldn't be a big deal but on a northstar where the starter is under the intake im not sure how you would start that. HMMM maybe an email to KEP is in order.

PS. I haven't ordered my adapter yet was just brainstorming.
PPS. NICE BLING !

EDIT ; OK guess i wasnt very clear. With a 915 obviously you wouldnt have much issue. IM more referring to with a 6 speed boxster s which has an engine mounted starter.

I don't see a listing on KEP for a Boxster transmission.

For the Northstar motor the starter is mounted to the stock location for the 901/914 transmission.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 30 2015, 08:01 PM) *
I don't see a listing on KEP for a Boxster transmission.

Most of their stuff is not listed on the website. You need to call or email them.

I got a "custom" Stage 3 pressure plate and clutch from them for my 3.6L.
All i had to do was ask ...
shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.