Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Appreciate your opinion on preservation cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914Next
Good news is that my car is almost 100% original including fuel lines. I know that for safety reasons I need to consider replacinging these.

For those of you who concours your cars….Have you changed out to new lines? Stainless? Can you still buy oem replacement lines and, if so are these better for concours use than stainless? How are replaced lines affected, if at all in judging?

Thanks.

Steve
dlkawashima
I think it's up to the judges at whatever concours event you might enter. For example, I've never seen a 914 marked down for having a black switch dome light. But I have seen a car deducted points for having a red top Optima battery. So if it catches the judge's eye and (he/she knows) it's wrong, you'll be deducted points. You can avoid the whole matter by entering your car in the 'Wash and Shine' division, which doesn't judge the engine compartment.

I've only been to a few Concours events, but in all of them, the cleanliness of a car was far more important than its originality.

And to answer your other questions, my lines are still original. They make clear fuel lines in a variety of sizes, so I would imagine a 'correct' replacement can be found, though I have never really looked into it.
914Next
Thanks. Appreciate the input.
Big Len
This should help - http://ncr-pca.org/index.php/club-activiti...ncours-tutorial
914Next
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 1 2015, 08:04 AM) *

Thanks, Len. I'll take a look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.