Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what kinda muffler is that?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hydra
Just got this thing off of my 2.0 914. Since i have never seen anything like that on a 914, i was wondering if this was oem, aftermarket, or just custom. It looks damn good but can't tell what it is. Any hint would help.
thanks
p.s: i've just got it sandblasted, in case you were wondering about the color
Mueller
wow, it's invisible smile.gif

welcome to da' club beer.gif
Bleyseng
Welcome. You are a long ways away! Try again on posting the pic again or is it the super double secret stealth version??

Geoff
d914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
72914S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
scooter311
It looks very light
ph34r.gif

Welcome!
Bleyseng
Mmm, Lebonese coffee, mmm, love that stuff.
Post some pics of your car on the Owner rides thread nailed above. (and send me some coffee)

Geoff
Reiche
He might be from Lebanon PA. Do they have good coffee there?
bd1308
welcome man..... beerchug.gif i should get mikez to give this guy a Z welcome wink.gif
Hydra
pics at last (i hope)
SirAndy
they come in different brands, this one looks like a early MANTA, but it could also be a MONZA (altough i though all monza had the tip upwards in an angle) ...

wink.gif Andy
Allan
Looks like a monza or sebring. Not stock either way.
Hydra
i'd like to know how much it is worth $, since i'm thinking of getting it powder coated, just to know if it's worth it.
thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE (Hydra @ Feb 14 2005, 03:16 PM)
i'd like to know how much it is worth $, since i'm thinking of getting it powder coated, just to know if it's worth it.
thanks

dunno how much $$$, i think mine was $200 new. a lot of people don't like them. they flow less than a bursch, but still better than a stock muffler ...

i'm not sure powder-coating is a good thing.
they get HOT !

cool.gif Andy
Joe Bob
$50 bucks used.....200 new. Not the best performing muffler...powder coating will burn off...use hi temp barbeque paint in a rattle can.

ANDY...I've been told a good STOCK 73-74 914 muffler is the best flowing...they are just big bucks.
bd1308
i have manta headers(bc i am impatient and cheap) and it's starting to rust....any ideals?
root
agree.gif

Monza, I had one hanging in the garage for 20 years.
When I took it down, mounted it and fired it up, a chipmunk nest blew out the pipes.
Chestnuts and alll! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 14 2005, 03:22 PM)
and it's starting to rust....

they all rust. the day the leave the factory. just like the rest of the car. not much you can do about it. mufflers always rust unless they're made out of SS. too much moisture inside ...

just drive the snot out of it. the more you keep it hot, the longer it'll last ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Hydra
mueba.gif how about SS repros of those on a mandrel bender? they should flow well if properly designed......and never rust (first part not to ever rust on a 914 mueba.gif )
plus the looks, i think they are awesome.....
Mueller
QUOTE (Hydra @ Feb 14 2005, 04:33 PM)
mueba.gif how about SS repros of those on a mandrel bender? they should flow well if properly designed......and never rust (first part not to ever rust on a 914 mueba.gif )
plus the looks, i think they are awesome.....

mandrel bent tubing would not make a difference...it's a crappy design...too many bends....

ANDY...I've been told a good STOCK 73-74 914 muffler is the best flowing...they are just big bucks

Grassroots confirmed that a few years back....the Mittlemotor one would be a good choice....
riverman
Monza. Just took one off my car. Anybody want it?
Joe Bob
Give it the "float test"..... idea.gif
redshift
Use it as a spike strip next time your girlfriend trys to drive off drunk during a fight.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.