Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Been trying to upload an avatar for a few days and it wont let me. Never had a problem before. Help?
dinomium
didja try a GIF format? that is the only one I could upload today...
Allan
No, it was just a small jpeg. I'll try one.
Allan
Nope, gif no work either. sad.gif
dinomium
RUN AWAY
It is the curse of the LIME HEADED KAT! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Joe Bob
It's been getting progressively worse....

Try renaming it, load NO AVATAR, then load the one you want, tweek the size, then bitch to Andy when it STILL don't work.....
Brent
I had a problem Sat night loading a jpg thats only 72k. Tried for 1 1/2 hrs, but finally gave up. It worked first thing Sunday afternoon.

Tried to convert to bmp, then logged off, then restart computer, etc....Thought it was me but was not. wink.gif
Allan
Got it working. Thanks.
redshift
sometimes (because of so many uploads?) you may try 3-4 letter names, or numbers..

I have never had success without using NO AVATAR first, like mikee said.

M
Jeroen
QUOTE (Brent @ Feb 15 2005, 12:21 AM)
I had a problem Sat night loading a jpg thats only 72k

ONLY 72K ????? ONLY????
Dude, that's friggin' huge for a .jpg the size of an avatar
Brent
Wasn't an avatar, so slightly off topic. Dude, it was a pic, so well under 300kb for an attachment.

As an Admin, are you saying for a 300 x 300 pic 72K is too huge to upload? This is good news to know, as I can always reduce the quality in Photoshop.
SirAndy
normal picture upload works fine ...

there's a bug somewhere in the avatar upload code. i don't know why it's crapping out on us so often. both jpg and gif should be fine, 125 x 125 pixel max. ...

one of these days, i'll look into fixing this ...
type.gif Andy
Brent
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 14 2005, 03:38 PM)
normal picture upload works fine ...

Thanks Andy!!!!!
Jeroen
99% of the posted images posted here could be reduced in size without any noticeable quality loss
It's a big waste of bandwidth and storage space
Joe Bob
Reducing jpegs is easy...the gifs need special software not always bundled with typical photo software....

Maybe if the admins can get a jpeg/gif reducing program that allows us do it on the site prior to upload.
Brent
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Feb 14 2005, 03:45 PM)
99% of the posted images posted here could be reduced in size without any noticeable quality loss
It's a big waste of bandwidth and storage space

I hear you. I just wanted the quality to be high for others to borrow if needed. At least I don't post the same pic over and over and over..... happy11.gif
dinomium
And I hope nobody is taking this as complaining, cuz it is not. BUT when I try to change my Avatar, it defaults back to an old photo no matter what name I choose...
weird huh?
SirAndy
QUOTE (dinomium @ Feb 14 2005, 04:20 PM)
And I hope nobody is taking this as complaining, cuz it is not. BUT when I try to change my Avatar, it defaults back to an old photo no matter what name I choose...
weird huh?

yepp, because the upload fails and it falls back on the old pic ...

or, your local cache has a old version of your avatar and your browser is set to look up the cache first ...

cool.gif Andy
seanery
shift + F5
SirAndy
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 14 2005, 06:16 PM)
shift + F5

CTRL + Refresh
seanery
oops...I mean CTRL + F5 wink.gif
dinomium
I can still only post GIFs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You can't really SEE just how ugly the side scoop is!!
red914
it has occured to me, dino, that there may be some members here interested in seeing the "over-the-shoulder-maplights" mounted on both sides of UGMO's backpad... cool.gif

just trying to help monkeydance.gif
SGB
if I check the dimensions and enter them into the boxes it helps my av work.
redshift
ok, that is ugley.u.glee.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.