Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac NW caravan to 2015 WCR!?!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pisces914
sorry if this is too early, but it's less than one month away, so i wanted to see if anyone wants to caravan down?

i have a 2 or a 3 day drive in mind for me and the wifester icon8.gif from seattle to the event (approx 1050-1200 miles), either leaving seattle on 4/28 or 4/29, to get to the event, on 4/30/15 (hope those dates are right!)

any thoughts or interest? let me know!

thanks for looking

brad in seattle
hndyhrr
I am driving from Medford leaving on Thurs. morning (30th) not sure if driving teener yet, but one car or another I am going.
Todd Enlund
I'm planning on heading down from PDX, not sure of my timeline yet. May be stopping in Santa Clarita "on the way"... so caravan might not work for me.
JRust
I am not a lock at this point but I hope to be making the drive down. Let's bump this every week or so until it's here. More people will chime in as it get's closer for sure.
pisces914
bumpster!
JRust
I think I plan to just leave early thursday morning. Like a 4am type thing. Considered possibly running down to Medford wednesday night. Then leaving from there. I am open to whatever but I'd like to be in San Simeon by 4 or so. I do plan to tow down my car. Not sure if it will be a flat tow or on a trailer at this point. Still working on that.

From Corvallis looks like just under 12 hours to San Simeon
914werke
Well after considering a straight through drive of 700m miles on Fri. sanity hads prevailed so Im planning on leaving Thurs from Seattle and stopping ...somewhere
rhodyguy
Stockton. Like we did in 05'. You have to clear Portland before 6:30 or the 205 sucks until 9. But you have to leave Martha lake before 4am or wait until the north end commute dies down. The first 200 miles are a pain due to juggling traffic times. You driving the LE?
pisces914
my tentative plan!

3 day drive down:

leave seattle tuesday am->Tuesday Night (4/28) - Grants pass, or (425 miles)

Next day (Wednesday 4/29) from Grants Pass to eureka, ca ->Leggett->Fort Bragg->SF (470 miles)

Next day (Thursday 4/30) from SF to carmel->san simeon event (210 miles)

2 day drive back:

sunday am to night – san simeon to yreka, CA (500 miles) (or further north)

monday am from yreka to seattle (500 miles) (hopefully back for www.jambase.com/Articles/124584/Grateful-Dead-Meet-Up-At-The-Movies-2015-Announcement)

JRust
I am still leaning towards a early thursday leave. I will be flat towing my car down (90% sure of that). Still need to get the suspension on but my front strut inserts are due to arrive today.

I'm still semi up to leaving wednesday night & getting to Medford. Not really worth a hotel room to me. So unless I'm splitting a room with someone. I'll just leave early thursday morning
SirAndy
QUOTE(pisces914 @ Apr 13 2015, 03:04 PM) *
Next day (Thursday 4/30) from SF to carmel->san simeon event (210 miles)

Maybe we can caravan together on Thursday.

I plan on leaving the Bay Area early afternoon, driving down to Salinas on 880/101, then cut over to the coast onto 1 near Marina.
driving.gif
JRust
Bump for a caravan. Seems like there are a few of us that may cross paths. Still not sure if I am leaving early thursday or late wednesday night. Here is my cell 5four1 5one0 00eight6
rhodyguy
Beware of inclement weather.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.