Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: san diego car stuff?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914efi
Wife wants to go to SD zoo, sea world, etc,etc. Are there fun car/kart things to do to in this area? We plan on staying at Coronado. How about windsurfing? Will be there in April.
CaliWRX
Go driving in the mountains around Julian or Palomar. Or check out to see if there are any AutoXs going on at Qualcomm stadium.
eeyore
Driving in the mountains is OK, if you avoid the weekends. The buppies and the sightseers make me want to crash myself into a cliff...

There's a PCA autocross on April 30. Probably a little late.

Check http://www.pcasdr.org/schedule/index.html. Sign up the for Performance Driving School. You'll need a P-car.

john rogers
For a car person, the ultimate is Symbolic Motor Cars in La Jolla. Bring your Visa car and drive away Berger's F1 Ferrari or a factory 917 or......... Actually a trip to Tijuana is pretty neat too, just take the trolley. If you bring the 914 it can be painted while you wait or at any rate get some blankets and tee shirts.
Dr Evil
Auto museam.
skline
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 15 2005, 09:34 AM)
Auto museam.

Hey Mike, I just have to say something, you are one of the most intelligent people I know with one of the quickest and funniest wits, but you my friend need a spell checker.

Museum biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Even with the build up, you still suck. bootyshake.gif bootyshake.gif bootyshake.gif flipa.gif flipa.gif
skline
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Were still friends though, right???
Dr Evil
We'll see how I feel in 10 years. You big sour puss. wink.gif
sean_v8_914
yup! Balboa park auto museouam rocks. if you see anyone working in there be social. they are friendly and know cool stories about the cars, nice folks. On I-5 south about 5-6 miles south of the Coronado bridge Between J street and Palm ave. there is a fun-kart track but I dont know the name. In kearny mesa near Balboa Ave and the I-805 there is a Kart track with slightly faster cars .

***calling all SD locals. please bail me out here with some names
if you dont have real twisty mountain road like the poor straight drivin folks of Indianna, we have some nice ones
AlexO
Up the 5 there's another Kart track in Carlsbad. K1 Speed. They hosted a SD P-car club event in November. Nice track, fast cars (40-45mph 2.1g) great people..... I highly recommend it.
--Alex
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.