Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CSRG vintage races at sonoma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
brant
just a heads up
I was accepted and registered for an october event at sonoma with CSRG

if anyone local wants to visit, I love meeting new folks and putting names and faces together.

it should be a pretty fun event, with really neat cars in attendance.
Chris Pincetich
Cool! I'm local and have never been to one of these events. beerchug.gif
I've always wanted to count the number of holes drilled through metal on your 914 biggrin.gif
pt_700
i've penciled this in, hopefully a bump before to remind us!

a great event, more cool cars than you can shake a camera lens at!
john914somers
So I am completely unfamiliar with this event. Is this a time trial event or what?
brant
QUOTE(john914somers @ Apr 9 2015, 07:31 AM) *

So I am completely unfamiliar with this event. Is this a time trial event or what?

It's a wheel to wheel vintage race. Fairly prestigious and run as a charity event. 14th or 15th? Year. Big fields and they are trying to build it into a premier event.
McMark
Sounds like a good NorCal 914World Gathering in the making... idea.gif

My shop is about 15 minutes from Sonoma Raceway.
brant
Mark. I will have to get details from the club. But should have an extra entry ticket for you if you want to come out
ConeDodger
I'll come down... driving.gif
brant
Cool
jgara962
Always fun driving a vintage car to the vintage races. I'll put this one on my calendar.
john914somers
I'm down for it, I'd love to run in this but I don't think anyone is going to find anything vintage about my 3.6... Lol. As we get closer a gentle nudge on my feble old brain would be wonderful. It would be pretty cool if we could make this event a Nor Cal 914 spectular! Thanks and hope to see you there.
Blue6
Sounds like a good time. On the calendar, keep us posted
Briby37
I'm in, though probably not to race. Sounds like a good time!
brant
Sweet. This is going to be fun!
green914
agree.gif Sounds like a fun event, it's on our calendar.
JRust
I will keep it in mind. Not sure if I can swing it but will try. It's only 9 hours for me. Which is much better than most the 914 get togethers I go to rolleyes.gif
Andyrew
We can probably make it one of those days, but it is her Bday weekend so she'll have the final say. I know she wont turn down a day in wine country though.
wes
Ill be there only an hour away. Rennsport is the week before looks like a great fall season in the making!
Mike Bellis
I can do Saturday the 3rd.
john914somers
I think we should all get on the same page... Show up on Sat. The 3rd? What does everybody think?
McMark
Yup, I think that's going to be the 'big' day.
garth
Save a space for a 74 2.0 Marathon Blue on Saturday.
brant
this is a long shot..
but still worth asking.

I'm trying to arrange the pick up of a front trunk lid in Los Gatos, CA

is anyone planning on coming to the Sonoma event from there?
and if so is it something that you could transport?
I will pay for the help and time!

brant
blackmoon
It's a cool event, went last fall to watch a friend race in a pre-CanAm car. I'll be there on Saturday, save me a spot, the yellowbananacar is up and running, legal for the road.
brant
bump...

I will start a thread over in the garage
but I still would love to hire/pay anyone that might be going to the event from the Los Gatos area to haul/transport a fiberglass hood?

looking forward to the event and meeting folks!

brant
brant
Can't wait
Martin Baker
Nice to meet you Brant and your family, had a great weekend. Here's a shot that a good friend of mine took.
Martin Baker
Another...
Martin Baker
Duplicate
Martin Baker
Triplicate
brant
Martin,

thanks a ton
super nice to meet you!
sorry about your last race, but very glad its an easy one to recover from!

Great great track
really a fun time meeting everyone
thanks again Bob too....

brant
Martin Baker
It was a good time, got a little closer to Gary. You coming back in the Spring? I should have my Blue car track worthy by then.
brant
that's a cool pic!

I might
I liked the track that much!
Martin Baker
Group 8 with CSRG seems to be growing, and the rumor is that a small/med bore group may be forming from the entrants that have been attending.
Martin Baker
If I could hang with this Alfa, consistently...I would be ecstatic! Guy can drive!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.