Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI near San Jose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
db9146
Okay, I'm going to ask a question and I certainly don't intend to offend anyone here at all but....

I think I'm going to need a PPI but I don't want to have the car bought out from under me. I've never had to ask for one before. I think it would be a good idea to have this one looked over by a "pro", someone who really knows the 914-6.

If you've got any advice or recommendations, please post or PM me.

Thanks a lot!!!
Mike Bellis
Matthepcat (Matt Chase) lives in SJ and has a -6. I don't think his wife will let him buy another -6... poke.gif
matthepcat
^^ Nice ^^. Also very true about the wife.

db9146 I can take a look at the car for you, and I am not in the market for a car right now.

Feel free to PM me.

Matt

Dave_Darling
CT Automotive is in Campbell, I think, and is run by Don Wise, a local PCA'er and a good guy.

RMG in Sunnyvale is the mechanic we use for the wife's 911, and a few things with my 914 in recent years.

High Performance House is in Redwood City, and they have forgotten more about 914s than most of us will ever know.

You might be able to convince McMark to take a look at it on his way to or from an event?

There are also individuals in the area who can look for you.

--DD
dlkawashima
I'm in west San Jose and can examine the car as well (though I'm not a 914-6 owner). I'm not in the market for a 914-6.

As far as shops are concerned, Mark Villegas of Ken's Sportech in Campbell is working a full restoration of a yellow 914-6 for a local guy right now. I'm certain Mark could do a PPI for you.
wes
Don Wise formally at CT Automotive, ( I would not use CT Automotive any longer) has his own shop in Campbell and Ive had a great experience with him on several cars over the years. The only reason i don't use him any longer is Ive moved ruffly 200 miles away

Dons Auto Werks, Inc. At 1320 Dell Ave.Ste. E Campbell, shop Ph # 408 871 9108
Great guy and his employees as well!
db9146
Thanks for all of the replies, guys!!!!

I think I have a plan.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(wes @ Apr 4 2015, 02:37 PM) *

Dons Auto Werks, Inc.

Oh, shoot! Thanks for correcting me, I had gotten his places confused.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.