Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT I Guess it Never Rains in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Great! I moved here to get away from this shit!
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 14 2005, 10:41 PM)

wacko.gif No whining now Howard! It is still better than snow! biggrin.gif

Lisa cool.gif
boxstr
No rain here in the sunny Pacific Northwest, at least not this week.
CCLINLONEWOLF
Garland
I am sure buy this it must never rain in Cal.

I just had to do it!
Brent
That is sweet. I just may have to do that to one of my lids! boldblue.gif rocking nana.gif
skline
You mean the one you stole from Mikes car??
carreraguy
Its really a strange year when San Diego gets more rain than Seattle! Must be El Nino!
Gint
user posted image
user posted image
skline
Its funny how you get differing results depending on where you go. Mine isnt a lot better but it doesnt show rain straight through.

seanery
just think how nice the day AFTER the rain stops will be...it's the only time you get a smogfree day in southern california.
mudfoot76
Stop complaining now! Today it is supposed to get up to 60 and be sunny here. I intend to take the 914 out for the first drive of '05 today (it has rained for the past couple days and washed away all the salt). Tomorrow it is supposed to be a "wintry mix" of rain and snow, high in the mid 30s again barf.gif

seanery
Geoff, we have a club meeting tonite, you goin?
mudfoot76
I'm not gonna make the meeting tonight, too much driving.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif to do mueba.gif

Plus, I'm watching the dogs for my parents while my mom is recovering from surgery. These two are not used to being cooped up too much...
riverman

I can't believe the audacity of someone from Cali complaining about the weather! Earthquakes, mudslides, drought...those things I can understand. But the weather? At least you can still drive your teener, go golfing in the rain, wear your shorts outside... That's stuff I dream about all winter when I'm buried beneath four f-ing feet of snow.

Some people. wink.gif
seanery
ok, here's our mish-mash
Maltese Falcon
Kill the weatherman
C-I-L-L the weatherman ar15.gif
914RS, better bring your 914club hat...
skline
It seems it will be raining all over the country this week. So nobody will get to drive their teeners. That should make you all happy. dry.gif
Howard
QUOTE (riverman @ Feb 15 2005, 06:46 AM)

I can't believe the audacity of someone from Cali complaining about the weather! Earthquakes, mudslides, drought...those things I can understand. But the weather? At least you can still drive your teener, go golfing in the rain, wear your shorts outside... That's stuff I dream about all winter when I'm buried beneath four f-ing feet of snow.

Some people. wink.gif

Hold on there, Riverboy biggrin.gif

You get: 4 seasons, good air, and low cost of living.

We get: All the bad things you mentioned and none of good things you get. In return, we are SUPPOSED to get 320 shirt sleeve days per year for golf and 914 canyon carving. I'm paying for it, dammit, and I want it NOW! wacko.gif
SteveSr
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 14 2005, 10:41 PM)

That's how the song goes,...It never rains in Calif.......ect,ect..................... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

SteveSr
riverman
Every place on earth has it's good points and bad points. Today I wish I was in California - I hate the winter. At least we all have our health and our freedom, and if the weather is the worst of our problems then we really have nothing to complain about, do we?
mudfoot76
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 15 2005, 10:29 AM)
I'm paying for it, dammit, and I want it NOW! wacko.gif

tsk tsk tsk

Today's youth just don't understand delayed gratification rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

[*****WARNING! This post contains an extremely high dose of sarcasm. Should you feel light headed, experience nausea, or explosive bowel movements, please contact your primary care physician immediately]
Steve Thacker
QUOTE (mudfoot76 @ Feb 15 2005, 10:22 AM)
Stop complaining now! Today it is supposed to get up to 60 and be sunny here. I intend to take the 914 out for the first drive of '05 today (it has rained for the past couple days and washed away all the salt). Tomorrow it is supposed to be a "wintry mix" of rain and snow, high in the mid 30s again barf.gif

Ditto! You left coasters have it made in the weather department, screwed on everything else. Quit yur bitch'in laugh.gif
DNHunt
Get this! I arrive in San Diego Saturday with a church youth group. We're going across the border to build houses for the poor. We're camping in tents in an abandoned gravel pit with outhouses and no running water or electricity. We'll be there for 5 days. I hope it doesn't rain. huh.gif

Dave
riverman
Get this! I arrive in San Diego Saturday with a church youth group. We're going across the border to build houses for the poor. We're camping in tents in an abandoned gravel pit with outhouses and no running water or electricity. We'll be there for 5 days. I hope it doesn't rain.

At least you'll have gravel.
campbellcj
It sounds weird to most "outsiders" but the weather people here are wrong a high percentage of the time just like everywhere else.

Sometimes the "current" temps they report are off by +/-20° or they'll say it's raining outside when it's 90° and sunny/clear or whatever. I can usually make a better prediction by looking out the window, so I generally ignore the websites and tv crap.

ppickerell
My son and I have already paid for High Speed Driving School his Saturday at Sears Point and we are hoping for a break in the rain Saturday. I can't see cutting loose on a wet track. Maybe it will be better for rookies like us is keeping speeds down.
Carl
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Feb 15 2005, 08:25 AM)
Get this! I arrive in San Diego Saturday with a church youth group. We're going across the border to build houses for the poor. We're camping in tents in an abandoned gravel pit with outhouses and no running water or electricity. We'll be there for 5 days. I hope it doesn't rain. huh.gif

Dave

We had a youth group that went there several years ago and probably stayed in the same gravel pit. As I recall, the gravel wasn't so bad, it was the mud everywhere else that was the problem. Really sticky.

I didn't go on the trip but I had the chore of cleaning the vans before they were rerturned to the rent-a-car place. It took a long time but we did fill a couple of low spots in the landscaping with all the crud we got out of the wheel wells.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.