Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle craigslist 914 $900
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Heres one for you guys and gals in Seattle. http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/59751322.html
CCLINCRAIGSLISTEXPOSED
Root_Werks
idea.gif
914werke
rolleyes.gif cool_shades.gif cool.gif idea.gif happy11.gif lol2.gif
Root_Werks
E-mailed him:

think, in the lingo of the classic car ads, it is a "roller" I think it could be towed.

It last ran in Jan '02. It was evaluated by a Porsche mechanic in Seattle, and he found it needed a rebuild of the engine head. It got new rear brake pads at that time. It has been sitting in a garage since then waiting for our attention. We finally have to give up the idea.

What is missing is the front bumper (it had a fender bender--it is dented and off) It has no radio. Otherwise it is in pretty good shape. When it drove it had poor heating for the passengers, but we hear that is common for these cars. It must have been re-painted black in the past, chips in the paint, and interior metal shows it was yellow originally.

I'm taking pictures later today, and will be able to send them.

I am in the Queen Anne area of Seattle

On Feb 15, 2005, at 8:06 AM, ROOT, DAN wrote:

Still available? I am north of Seattle (Marysville), is it together enough to be tow dollied?

Dan Root
Bleyseng
I went by and saw the car this morning. Not too bad
rockers seems pretty good
hellhole isnt bad but there is a hole in the long by the battery
trunks arent rusty
interior is ok but some rips
paint is a cheap crappy respray that needs to be sanded off
paint in trunks in all over the place
engine in 2.0l w/FI
not too much oil underneath
shoot if I had a place to stash it I would buy it.
Would be a excellent car for a East Coast guy to buy

Geoff smilie_pokal.gif
McMark
East Coasters are more interested in rust repair. laugh.gif
cdmcse
Yea, who wants to upgrade suspensions and put in a six when you can repair rust instead? dry.gif
Bleyseng
Anybody buy it?? Owner said three different guys were gonna also see it today. I figure Dan was gonna jump on this one.
914werke
Id'a gone to peak as well but Im efn barf.gif drunk and stuck in HELL.
SLC airport that is.
Bleyseng
I should have bought it and parked it at your house Rich. That would have been ok, right??

biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Anybody buy it?????
Root_Werks
I offered him $700 the other day for it. He said the same thing, 3 other people were going to look at it. Not that I would mind paying $900 for it. But I need another 914 project like I need another hole in my head. screwy.gif I said if no one grabs it by the weekend I would buy it. Sigh, which means it will probably sit around for a while. It would be nice to "save" it, but it needs a lot of work. I spoke with Akers, yes the engine is toast, might be able to fire it up, but probably not for long.

Since I commited to buying it, I was sort of hoping someone else already picked it up. laugh.gif
Root_Werks
Alrigth, someone go pick this thing up, PLEASE! It is a good deal at $700 (what I offered him if no one else grabs it). Don't make me get another 914. Here is a bunch of pics of it. Yes, it needs a ton of work, but the parts are worth a lot more than $700 and I would save this one, not part it out.
Root_Werks
The front hood got dented and fixed, but the front bumper never got fixed. Pic 2 of 8
Root_Werks
3 of 8
Root_Werks
4 of 8
Root_Werks
5 of 8
Root_Werks
6 of 8
Root_Werks
7 of 8, probably should have re-sized these things? unsure.gif
Root_Werks
So there it is, someone go buy it before it finds a new home in my driveway, please! sad.gif
Allan
That does'nt look too bad at all. Even comes with a Haynes manual.
Root_Werks
Dang you guys! Geoff, Rich! laugh.gif I am picking it up tomorrow morning. Dang, I was reeeeealy hoping someone else would grab it too! laugh.gif
Bleyseng
I have no where to stash it. Mine is in the garage as I am ripping the motor out. Got a 76 Westy stashed next door I need to do something with.

I don't have the room like Rich does, as he lives out in the sticks like you do Dan. I live on Beacon Hill.

Geoff biggrin.gif
Rand
Sold by default!
Hey Dan, Let me know if you need help loading that thing up. I'm in Bothell, but may be able to make it over there if you need a hand. Good excuse to drive mine on a nice day and meet another club member.
914werke
laugh.gif w00t.gif chairfall.gif
Thats funny!
Well what was the damage 700 or 900?
You saw my only available room. Id have to finish cutting up the Black one before I rolled a new one in...if I wanted to stay married chair.gif lol2.gif
Im getting on a plane back from sunny Orlando tommorow morning.
Bleyseng
You should go out to Qarls dude, he is in Orlando!

Steal some parts for me ..

GEoff
Root_Werks
Well, we are picking it up in the morning. I will post some pics of the "areas" to see just how good or not so good a deal this one was. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Dan you got:
2.0L heads-$400
complete Djet Fi-$300
the rest if all free

Geoff
914werke
Its good to be home smilie_pokal.gif
But its friggin COLD. biggrin.gif
Dan How'd it go?
Since its nice and sunny Im thinkin its time to take the teener for a drive. mueba.gif
Bleyseng
Hell, even I went on a drive today in the Westy. Talk about one slow mo'fo. Damn, time to get a Raby powerstroke Bus motor. This thing can't get out of its way with a 68hp 2.0l.

Geoff
Root_Werks
I am shocked someone didn't buy this car before me. ohmy.gif I nabbed it for $700. No pics for today, but will post some for tomorrow.

Factory 74' 2.0 FI car with center console/gauges. Dash is nice, backpad is nice, rear window is tight (Good seal), seals are all there, but hard. Windshield is NEW! Tires are HUGE (Wrong size. I straightened out the front bumper, deleted front and rear "tits" (welded shut), replaced the rear rubber pad, put things back together and DAM! It looks great! Fired up the engine and it runs great! To the people you looked at the car, you should have asked to see the paperwork, there is a lot of it. It is not a pulled head stud, it is a pulled exhuast stud! It was repaired by mickey mouse so I did the best I could. I will see if I have any exhaust leaks tonight. Couple of small fuel leaks from old hoses, got just another couple to replace and this thing is a driver.

New heater boxes, SSI's.
New rear brakes

E-Brake works awesome!

This one was a major score.

Yep, there is a little rust on the battery area, couple of holes, but the long looks good from what I could see. Yeah, it would need a paint job to be perfect, but after cleaning the paint up a bit, man, it looks pretty dam good! I will post pics tomorrow. Car will be sold ASAP. Got new tabs for it yesterday. driving.gif
boxstr
Your welcome Dan. Now get busy on the flares.
CCLINCRAIGSLIST
Root_Werks
QUOTE (boxstr @ Feb 23 2005, 08:13 AM)
Your welcome Dan. Now get busy on the flares.
CCLINCRAIGSLIST

happy11.gif Yeah, yeah. Actually they are fitted and on now, step one done. Still mucho more to do though. cool.gif
boxstr
Okay Seattle, Sorry no more craigslist 914's until Dan finishes my flares. smile.gif
CCLINFLAREROOTPROJECT
Bleyseng
I said it was a good little car, I just have no room!! Not with the Westy sitting here and the garage (single car) full of the 76 sans motor plus the front suspension being ripped out.

What do you want out of it, I might have a buyer.

PM me.

Geoff
914werke
Right on Dan! smilie_pokal.gif
I was chating w/the guy via email & would have been on it but was out o' town.
Root_Werks
Lucky me. unsure.gif Actually this turned out to be a great car. It fired right up, has SSI's on it etc. I worked on it through some of the weekend and just plan on selling it, making a few $$$ on it. My wife drove a 944 and loved it, so we will be getting her one of those instead of a 914. Soooo, one 914 is enough for me! Either my orange 1.7 goes or this black 2.0 goes. Either way, one will wind up a flared six this spring. happy11.gif
Root_Werks
From this weekend when we brought it home.
Root_Werks
And from tonight, sorry for the dark picture. Note no tits. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Another dark rear shot, tits removed (holes welded front and rear). Rich swung by tonight and I was very disapointed that I didn't fix the exhaust leak. headbang.gif I tried, but one of the exhuast studs it just toast. It really needs to be welded and re-drilled/taped. So Rich, we should have taken it out while you were still around man! After you left I ate dinner and couldn't help myself. I took it for a driving.gif and I just can't believe how great it runs! It has tons of power, no smoke from the exhaust, smooth! boldblue.gif I might try again to fix the exhaust leak, but for some reason, I seem to suck? screwy.gif Maybe I just need to borrow a tig welder or take it to someone who has one? Either way, it runs and drives great. Smooth at 60MPH, lots of power, great heat, reverse lights worked. Time to sell it then so I can get busy on my six, I mean Craigs flares. rolleyes.gif
dinomium
Hey, Dan, I'll bail ya out for 500 bucks! I will even come get it for ya!! That way Craig is happy and Everybody else can then be mad at me!
happy11.gif
Brent
Dan , PM sent.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (dinomium @ Feb 23 2005, 10:38 PM)
Hey, Dan, I'll bail ya out for 500 bucks! I will even come get it for ya!! That way Craig is happy and Everybody else can then be mad at me!
happy11.gif

Hmm, $500-$700 that I paid for it leaves me -$200. slap.gif Nah, laugh.gif Think I'll pass on that one buddy! lol2.gif

Actually, I looked closer at it last night after getting back. The leak wasn't coming from my stud repair cylinder. It was coming from,,, get this,,, the copper gasket that I let turn sidedways on me! Gah! headbang.gif I will replace the gasket and I bet no more leak! DUH! headbang.gif
dinomium
Glad this one is workin out for ya after seeing that one we cut up, you needed a score!
Cheers,
dtd
red914
Dan, you scored! that must be what clean livin' does for ya, eh?

nicely done. have you ever thought of doing a narrow body muscular six conversion? might be kinda kewl... idea.gif
neo914-6
smilie_pokal.gif deal, Dan!
I paid $750 for a POS 914 w/o tranny, non-running 1.7 engine, dented rear fenders, and crappy deteriorated interior. At least I got some parts I needed and supplied parts for a few 914's...
boxstr
Ya Dan have ya ever thought about it??? HUMMMM biggrin.gif
CCLINNARROWBODYMONSTER
red914
ya know, Craig, i think Danny boy needs to work his 6-comversion magice with that baby blue bombshell there. wub.gif already has 5 lugs, now just needs, what? a 3.0 liter? lowered a bit. big brakes. roll cage. drooley.gif

i don't know why i do this to myself... headbang.gif
Zaney
Wow!
What a great deal!
Not to steal this thread but I just posted a classified to sell a project 1.8L for someone in the PNW. Now that I saw this car go for $700, the OBO in my ad is the only thing from keeping it from being parted out sad.gif
I will entertain any reasonable offer. Help a brother out drunk.gif
Great job again Dan!

-Nate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.