Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '73 2.0L hell hole rust repair advice?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
senzai
I'm looking at an old her wise clean rust free 914 2.0 except for the hell hole(!) Right now there is a rusted hole (about 2" ) in the lower longitudinal by the jack point. It is due to years of battery acid (as usual) having its way with that area of the car. The rest of the car (floor panels, Rear trunk floor, drivers side longitudinal, etc) are original and rust free.

All panel gaps are very good, doors shut easily and solidly, and the car is in good shape for its age.

Back to the rusted longitudinal and jack point: I checked the rear suspension pickup point and thankfully that is unmolested. It's just that the longitudinal and firewall down beneath the battery are rotted. The battery tray and section beneath it are repaired and solid.

The transaxle is tired but functional so I'm wondering what the costs are for a rebuilt side shift 901?

Question I have: given the rest of the cars condition, 1) is it worth purchasing the car and at what price 2) what cost range is involved in repairing the hell hole and longitudinal, and generally what are people's thoughts on this?

Let the feedback commence.
76-914
welcome.png This should be posted in the "Garage Forum" where it will receive more exposure. Maybe an Admin will move it but if not re-post it there. 1st, we need some pic's to answer that question. Take some of the long and Hell hole area.
Working side shifts avg $300-$900. Member vendor "DrEvil" is our resident tranny Doc and has parts, a how to video and rebuilds them as well. But he won't see your request in the Classified's Forum. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.