Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which 'LOOK' for My Car this Season?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lennyhope
Which is the better 'look' for this show season? Top 2 pics with original 5.5 deep steels with hub caps removed and dealer mask (more race car look) or bottom pic as it was last year?

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
ice cold
I think you should leave it alone unless you are desperate to have a change. Just my opinion but I think the black hood and lack of hubcaps just makes it look unfinished.
Olympic 914
Switch it up... look like an easy change.

simple to pop the hubcaps back on, and the hood cover would protect from stone chips.
balljoint
Just put the hubcaps on the passenger side. Then depending on your mood park it nose in or nose out in the driveway.
MDG
Paint the wheels black and it would be a reverse Bumble Bee.
r_towle
hood needs alignment, its all I can see.
sled9146
How about using 66mm long studs, steel lug nuts, and no hub caps.
Dave_Darling
Personally, I really like the look of steelies with hubcaps. I also think the black-colored front lid looks unfinished.

So I vote for the last pic.

--DD
Spoke
I like the hubcap look or as mentioned, black rims w/o hubcaps.
dudzy's914
If you want to veer from stock;
Yellow hood, black inside of the steelie with no caps, leave the hoops silver, possibly black front of the original mirror to give it some attitude and to tie into the steelies, targa, and side stripe.
shelby/914
Both look great, but I think I would pick the finished look with the caps and yellow hood.

Dan
PanelBilly
Stock look because it's pure
dudzy's914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 5 2015, 03:30 PM) *

Stock look because it's pure

agree.gif beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 5 2015, 08:44 AM) *
I really like the look of steelies with hubcaps.

agree.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(ice cold @ Apr 5 2015, 05:32 AM) *

I think you should leave it alone unless you are desperate to have a change. Just my opinion but I think the black hood and lack of hubcaps just makes it look unfinished.

I agree. Have never been a fan of the black hood look. Option 2 looks great!
colingreene
looks like i agree with 3M above.
ripper911
I think that if you're going with the black frunk, it looks better if the rear trunk and engine lids are also blacked out.

Kinda like this.

IPB Image

Otherwise go with a solid color.
Chris H.
Option 2 is my vote...mainly don't like the hood thing but then again it looks nice either way really.

BTW is it just my eyes or are your wheels wider than stock?
Downunderman
Last year, sans warts and tits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.