Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why dont we have this for 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
opera guy
take a look, i saw a jeep with this one summer day, and wish i had one for those days that are too much sun for topless but you still want maximum airflow that topless can provide, this seem to be a very good compromise
ArtechnikA
marketing opportunity - go for it!
make one that'll fit an early 911 Targa and i'll probably buy one.
in fact - start with the 911 Targa. there's lots more of them, and in general, their owners aren't as cheap as us 914 owners. (i'm one of the 914.911/356 crossovers; i'm selectively cheap ...)
TC/914
I'd LOVE something like that for my 914!

(I'm one of the 914/356 Pre-A Continental Coupe crossovers; I'm just poor at this point.)
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (TC/914 @ Feb 15 2005, 08:52 AM)
I'm one of the 914/356 Pre-A Continental Coupe crossovers...

my Pre-A is older than your Pre-A, snicker, snicker, snicker ...

(but yours is probably in much better shape)
djm914-6
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Feb 15 2005, 08:07 AM)
marketing opportunity - go for it!

Yeah, go for it.!
Then sell many of them to me at wholesale so i can paint them and resell them. I'll give a bit of the MINI look to the 914. idea.gif
Jenny
There's someone in the SF bay area that has one. Last time I remember seeing it was at the swap meet two years ago in April up at SSI. Maybe someone can dig up the pics?? I don't think you can drive with that particular one on, but sure is nice for some convenient shade while your car's parked.

Jen
TC/914
"(but yours is probably in much better shape) "

If it is, then you're in big trouble . . .

No, mine has a decent enough body tub (as soon as I take care of the rear window section, but the interior is completely missing along with a part of the floor. When I get it in primer, I'll shoot/post a few pics, right now I'm too embarrased to even visit it in the shop. I hate the ribbing that I have to suffer through when I'm there.

TC

Any Continental is a good year. If you like early coupes, it's the only one to own! And they're killer done up Outlaw style, the bent windshield, peaked roof and tucked under rocker panels. Almost sinister . . . for a cute little car. Like a very angry Bunny.
scottb
that thing is sweet. i may just have a go at trying to make one. would help for us "follicularly challenged" individuals.... biggrin.gif
opera guy
i actually pulled up next to a jeep that had one at a stop light. he was driving with it on.
Jenny
QUOTE (opera guy @ Feb 15 2005, 11:13 AM)
i actually pulled up next to a jeep that had one at a stop light. he was driving with it on.

I don't think you can drive with that particular one on, but sure is nice for some convenient shade while your car's parked.

I meant the one I saw on the 914. It reminded me of those flexible twisty ones with suction cups you see on minivan windows.

Jen
Mueller
QUOTE (Jenny @ Feb 15 2005, 09:35 AM)
There's someone in the SF bay area that has one. Last time I remember seeing it was at the swap meet two years ago in April up at SSI. Maybe someone can dig up the pics?? I don't think you can drive with that particular one on, but sure is nice for some convenient shade while your car's parked.

Jen

Hi Jenny...happy b-lated Valentines wub.gif

the cover you speak of was made from a windshield shade and some creative engineering....the owner could not find that particular brand anymore to make copies...

somebody has to have pictures...very nice car....I bet Bowlsby has pictures of it....
Jenny
Happy wub.gif day to you too!

I tried doing a search for SSI swap meet, but I can't find the thread with all the pictures posted. confused24.gif

Jen
Mueller
1st time I saw the top was at Dug Wrights house during a Roadglue driving event...wonder what he is up to???
DJsRepS
I thought of building one of these. I like the idea. Could help as sunblock, in light rain, and in flocks of well fed seagulls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.