Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet & Animal Flesh Roast Festival
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
After much thought, Glenn and I have decided that the date shall be
SUNDAY, APRIL 26, 2015.

I realize I'm really late in announcing this, but I have my reasons. Due to a change in management, I had pondered about changing the location. It seems our self appointed new General Manager (Owner's Son) has a penchant for creating problems. Since the entire property is under video surveillance and he spends his time watching it on his phone and computer at home, anything that he deems "out of the ordinary" is investigated in person.

He is particularly down on alcohol in any form. Please do not bring any as he might just show up and toss everyone off the property. If you have it, keep it in your vehicle hidden. Remember, you are on live video.

The location is 2727 Kansas Ave, Riverside, CA, back parking lot.

I will have the gate open at 6:30 AM and will have coffee and donuts for the early birds. Around 11:00 we will fire up the BBQ and roast animal flesh in the form of hamburgers and hot dogs (Bratwurst?). We will have the necessary buns, condiments and ancillary stuff (tater chips / potato salad) to make them an enjoyable experience. We will also supply water and soda pop for libations. For this, we ask for a $5.00 donation per person to help cover the costs.

Yes Elliot, we will have VEGAN burgers for you if you have time to show up.

I had discussed moving this event with Glenn to May, but the following weekend is the WCR and that would mean going for the second week in May. Glenn thought that that would be extending it out to far. All the discussions I have had with people who asked "when" centered around April 26th, so that is the date.

I realize that this announcement is way late and does not contain my attempts at insulting, racially tainted humor, but I've gotten old and typing is more difficult these days. biggrin.gif

Glenn and I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy supporting the 914 (and gasp, the 911) community with this event. We hope you will all find the time to enjoy a Sunday with us and our cars.

We hope that the Blue Meanie does not decide to flex his muscle and ruin one of our favorite times of the year. If I think about it, I may create a "Release of Liability Form" for all to sign and then I may not. I never have and there has been no problems for the last 15 or so years.

My apologies to Marty Yeoman Schneider for stealing his date for his event without warning.

Again, please try to attend. We look forward to seeing you all.

[/color][/b]
Ben and Ralph
Chili?
SLITS
I don't know if Kent will show up with his famous "redneck" chili or not. Sorry, forgot to put that in the post.
r_towle
i personally look forward to this announcement every year.
Its one of the best written even threads ever known to man.

Sad your new boss has taken the fun out of the event for you, but I am sure you will still have a great time.

Once you are in a better mood, please add all the details we know and love.
You could not possibly have gotten less funny in one year...or less insulting...

Rich
pete000
Oh Boy ! My favorite swap meet !
SLITS
Monday icon_bump.gif

IPB Image
oldschool
What same day as the Hollywood Cruz...I may have bring my twin lol-2.gif I guess I can head over After some taco's aktion035.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(oldschool @ Apr 6 2015, 02:28 PM) *

What same day as the Hollywood Cruz...I may have bring my twin lol-2.gif

April 26th in Hollywierd.
Elliot Cannon
This is a must event. If you live within 200 miles of Riverside, you MUST attend the G & R or you will be thought very badly of by some very influential people. You don't want that to happen, do you? Hmmph! I didn't think so. See you ALL there.
oldschool
So it looks Like I'll have 2 events to be at. If people still want a T-shirt from the G&R let me know It takes nothing to set-up our press $12 + shipping or $12 at the event.
Click to view attachment
Tee will be grey or ash.
euro911
I'm in as usual. I'll bring some parts that nobody wants to buy again too dry.gif

Looking forward to seeing you'all again beerchug.gif (oops, no beer) dry.gif
Old Yella
If someone's got a cheap distributer for a 2.0 1976 914 bring it. It has to have non-wobbly shaft. Also need a non faded 76 tach, and and and and

I'll have a T too, large grey.
Elliot Cannon
Great cars, good people, cheep lunch, free advice, free donuts and coffee and now a great looking and inexpensive "T" shirt. Why would you NOT want to attend this event? poke.gif laugh.gif
Steve
Can't wait!! I will be there with the same stuff I couldn't sell last year!!
Heeltoe914
Glad you decided to still have the event.
Steve
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Apr 9 2015, 05:27 PM) *

Glad you decided to still have the event.

agree.gif
This is the only event in so cal, that is semi dedicated to the 914. This and the Phoenix club event are the only two swap meet events I look forward too
914_teener
icon_bump.gif
Elliot Cannon
Always a great time. Don't pass this one up. If you have anything you need or want, post it here. I have a good gas tank with the return line plugged but otherwise in great shape. I'll bring it if anyone needs it.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.