Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS '70 914-6 9140431125
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cairo94507
Saw this one while cruising eBay. I noticed it has the rain tray drain hoses in the engine compartment....

I guess the factory forgot to install those in the 914-6's I have owned -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Porsch...em=321715949242
914Next
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 6 2015, 09:58 AM) *

Saw this one while cruising eBay. I noticed it has the rain tray drain hoses in the engine compartment....

Cairo, did the six's not have these?
mskala
QUOTE(914Next @ Apr 6 2015, 10:15 AM) *

6's did not have them. Also this carseems to have left side heat coming from
right-side flapper box biggrin.gif
mapguy
QUOTE(mskala @ Apr 6 2015, 08:20 AM) *

Nice looking ride though. Do you -6 experts see anything else that looks amiss?
puffinator
QUOTE(mapguy @ Apr 6 2015, 01:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mskala @ Apr 6 2015, 08:20 AM) *

Nice looking ride though. Do you -6 experts see anything else that looks amiss?

Since the -6 didn’t have the rain tray hose but instead had a plug where it goes through the chassis, does anyone know where I can buy the rubber plugs that go in those holes?
sbsix
They're NLA, so your best shot is contacting Bruce Stone on this World.

I've been looking for new ones for 10 years and haven't found them yet. Mine are original and yellowed.

AA sells a repro that's black, not white/clear.

If you find a new source, contact me!
Cairo94507
914Next - sorry, missed this for a few days - No, Sixes never came with the rain funnels.
mr914
Take a closer look at the photo of the front underside of the engine compartment

Looks to me that I see a 4 cylinder engen bar mounting pod on the passenger side.

Front trunk does not have the tar in the bottom of the trunk floor, but you can see the undercoating around the large plug

I suspect a rebody.
mepstein
QUOTE(mr914 @ Apr 12 2015, 03:19 PM) *

Take a closer look at the photo of the front underside of the engine compartment

Looks to me that I see a 4 cylinder engen bar mounting pod on the passenger side.

Front trunk does not have the tar in the bottom of the trunk floor, but you can see the undercoating around the large plug

I suspect a rebody.

If someone didn't take off the mounts for the 4 engine, they did a really poor vin switch.
914z
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 12 2015, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mr914 @ Apr 12 2015, 03:19 PM) *

I suspect a rebody.

If someone didn't take off the mounts for the 4 engine, they did a really poor vin switch.

I don't remember (4) exhaust tubes coming out the back; I do know people who adapted a dual pipe banana exhaust though
mskala
QUOTE(sbsix @ Apr 6 2015, 05:21 PM) *

They're NLA, so your best shot is contacting Bruce Stone on this World.

I've been looking for new ones for 10 years and haven't found them yet. Mine are original and yellowed.

AA sells a repro that's black, not white/clear.

Looking through my box of parts that were removed by P.O., I found one
(sorry not selling) but here is what it looks like being out of the sun for
probably over 30 years. Still yellow-ish.

Click to view attachment
rnellums
Were these on 4s too? I think I have a few in my box o plastic bits.
Cairo94507
Send that baby to Mikey to have it remanufactured!
Mikey914
Can make them. Just depends on how may I need to make to break even. If I can do 40- 50 sets we'd be in the $7 a part range.
sbsix
Mark, there is also the oblong piece that sits on the driver side tin, as well. I'll take a picture of my original when I get home today. They're all NLA and nice ones are just not available.
Cairo94507
I would be in for a set and the oblong one too.
puffinator
me too
altitude411
If your making plastic covers, how about the small ones that go into the top of the fasteners on the trailing arm outside suspension console? Mine were missing and caused a rust issue (can you believe it) on the very important thru bolts... headbang.gif
sbsix
I took pictures of my plugs and listed the part numbers. I also have a few of the rear suspension console plugs and I would be willing to send one up to Mark as an example.
altitude411
I hope this happens... Mark & 914Rubber are first.gif
db9146
Its funny that it has the drain hoses but I didn't see a rain tray. blink.gif
bob
those plugs are on all 914's... (up to '74 at least) 4-cylinder cars use these plugs to to plug the hole where the oil line goes in sixes.... left side engine compartment, under the relay board... (toward the engine)

they are usually in real good shape, or painted over!

-bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.