Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt Heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
anybody know where i could get a new/rebuilt set of 2.0L heads for my 74 914. I currently have some pretty crappy ones. I know the 2.0's arent being made anymore, but the 1.7s and the 1.8s are....what are my options, how much would a good 2.0 head set (as in 2 heads, one for each side) cost, and where can i get em?
JmuRiz
Since you are in KY, I'd just go with Len Hoffman....he's the guy that Jake uses. He can do mild to wild heads, I guess your wallet is your limit. biggrin.gif
http://www.haminc.biz/
Mark Henry
Rebuild your 2.0 heads.

The biggest problem is guys cheaping out on the rebuild, sure you can get what some call "rebuilt" for around $300 but that's expensive for nothing more than a regrind and exhaust guides.

Pay Len...$800 to 1200 for a job done right...welding, new seats, new SS valves, springs, guides, etc....

You'll end up with a better than new head.
Joe Bob
I used S/S valves back when I had a four banger....Mark Stephens bad boy heads....may his ass rust in hell....they leaked, they sucked...they did everything excapt what they were advertised to do.

bd1308
well okay let me rephrase. The head works fine for what i need it to do (stay in one piece) all I need done to both heads is some re-tapping....i'm not sure if i am compitent(sp?) enough for the job. I've done some small retapping (for my small steam engine) but nothing big. Should I do it or get someone else to tap for exhaust studs and spark plug heli-coil things?

wish there was some college "make your auto wish come true" show or something that could do my heads so i dont have to keep on having to pull over to see if my plugs wont fly out of the head or go pop pop pop pop pop pop like a go kart.... sad.gif
skline
Have it done, have it right. Need I say more??
Type 4
Rebuilt 2.0 Heads

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.