Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS Full Load Stop screw missing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gravel
I purchased this 73 in boxes, though the car had been running as recently as 4 years ago. I put the car back together a few weeks back and have been enjoying the drive ever since.

Tinkering with it has become my favorite pastime, and in an effort to refine its performance, I have ordered a few things. First up is an ignition upgrade, including the appropriate MSD bits and Magnecor KV85 wires to combine with an already existing Pertronix. Also have an Innovate G5 and LC-2 wide band coming for it. This is what lead me to MPS tuning, and what also shined the light on the fact that I appear to be missing a rather important component to the MPS.. The MPS itself appears to have been refreshed, or at the very least it was repainted. But clearly I am missing the Full Load Stop screw, now I am a touch nervous to drive it till I get this sorted. Anyone know where I can source just this screw?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Contact Sir Christopher Foley of Tangerine Racing.
Gravel

Thank you sir, email sent.
Bleyseng
I have a few spares if you want one.
What engine do you have? That MPS has been rebuilt but to what spec....and it should have the WOT stop to support the diaphragm or it will blow out.
Gravel
Appreciate the offer, already ordered the parts from Tangerine today.

It's a 73 1.7 with 1.8 P&C and heads, doesn't appear to have all that many miles on the rebuild, and sure looks like the guy who built it knew a bit about what he was doing. The missing plug could have been done any time in the last several years, as I believe the rebuild is around 6-8 years old.

I do love the old school air cooled though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.