Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct distributer numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eldiosyeldiablo
What are the correct numbers for distributors that will work in my OEM engine?

The is the numbers on my old dist.:
JFUDX 4 <--
0 231 174 011
W 039 905 205 A

The rebuilt one is:
JFURX 2 <--
0 231 163 018
W 311 905 205 O

The built one is incorrect because it does not fit and the timing mark is in the incorrect location.
Is the numbers on my old dist the only one that will work?

-David
skline
I think it has something to do with the injection system also. They were different for the 1.8 and the 2.0. You may have got the one for the worng engine. I could be mistaken so I will leave it at that.
Gint
David,

Go look at Brad Anders' site. It lists your dizzy number. I didn't look much further. Lots of good info there generally speaking...
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 15 2005, 10:44 AM)
I think it has something to do with the injection system also. They were different for the 1.8 and the 2.0. You may have got the one for the worng engine. I could be mistaken so I will leave it at that.

you are correct, the 1.7 and 2.0 distributors are totally different than the 1.8
eldiosyeldiablo
Thank you Mike/Gint. I had forgotten about Brad Ander's website.
Bleyseng
The 311 dizzy is for a Type 3! Make sure you get a 022 or 039 dizzy or have yours rebuilt. Mostly its just the new bearing that needs to be machined in and then you can install the FI points .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.