Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Springs, colors=?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I have two sets of springs, one blue, one yellow. Do these colors correspond to a specific strength? 140, 220, etc?
THX
skline
Pictures might help a little too. I have 180s on the Chalon and they are light blue. I have seen yellow ones from a different manufacturer that were 180s also. Compare it to a stock spring, check the size of the spring compared to a stock spring. What are you looking for in size?
Mueller
my tires are black, what can you tell me about them??? smile.gif

seriously, measure them.....you cannot tell by color alone

find a buddy that has free weights, stack weights on a spring until it compresses 1 inch.....add up the plates and you've got your numbers (unless progressive, but it can still be done in a similar manner)

skline
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 15 2005, 10:29 AM)

find a buddy that has free weights, stack weights on a spring until it compresses 1 inch.....add up the plates and you've got your numbers (unless progressive, but it can still be done in a similar manner)

If they are black and on your car, they are round for the most part and probably made of rubber. If they are on your AX car, they have a few flat spots from locking the brakes here and there.

biggrin.gif lol2.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 15 2005, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 15 2005, 10:29 AM)

If they are black and on your car, they are round for the most part and probably made of rubber. If they are on your AX car, they have a few flat spots from locking the brakes here and there.

biggrin.gif lol2.gif

or if they are on scotts shalom... they are out of round from sitting so long laugh.gif
Dr Evil
OK, so no one knows and I need a weight set. You guys are so freaking funny. dry.gif

Mueller, I am expressing a gesture, can you tell me which one? wink.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 15 2005, 03:47 PM)
Mueller, I am expressing a gesture, can you tell me which one? wink.gif

i'd say group hug, but I don't know you well enough, LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.