Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Paco Taco has been SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
sean_v8_914
i have been driving The Taco now for a month or so. He's almost done but i keep refining him as i drive more. fixing those little things that irritate on a daily basis.

i want to work on my six and make it a driver so the Taco has got to go to a new daddy

here is a generic list :
much more has been done...

The Paco Taco
1975 NO smog check required, big bumper bright red and well sorted. Most 914s you see today have lots of rust in the chassis but not this one. This is one of the cleanest 914 chassis I have seen in a long time. It will be challenging to find a cleaner 914 chassis. Recent paint job is fair to good. Its not show car quality but there is NO overspray anywhere. The body flaws are the kind of thing you see when you wash it. I’m a picky guy so I see it all. The car is a genuine looker and even up close, she gets a lot of compliments. The car is better than I make it sound but I don’t want to waste my time or yours with surprises.

1911cc type 4
96mm flat top AA pistons, grant rings, balanced to 0.5 gram
Balanced cooling fan
Schneider cam custom profile similar to webcam 86a
Rebuilt 1.8 heads with 2.0 size valves, mild port matching, 54cc chambers, unshrouded valves
8.6 – 1 compression runs on pump gas
High volume oil pump
Light weight flywheel, balanced
New weber 40 idf carbs
901 gear box from my autocross car. 1st gear is nice/OK but not perfect. 2nd thru -5th are great. Short 3rd gear. This box was rebuilt, used for AX, and then sat on the floor of the shop for 3 years. Not many miles since that rebuild
SSI stainless heat exchanger exhaust. Bursch 4-2-2-1 tuned collector and muffler
Electronic distributor. No points
Hot start solenoid

911 front suspension and brakes
18.8mm torsion bars
140 pound weltmeister rear springs
Rebuilt rear calipers, 19mm master cylinder
New suspension bushings left rear
Rebuilt, welded clutch tube
Rebuilt pedal set with bronze bushings
New Sachs German clutch, pilot bearing, throw out bearing

Chassis is very clean, jack points are solid. No hell hole under battery tray. Longitudinal are solid. No cancer rust. this car is rust-free. If you find rust on my 914, I will not charge you a dime for any of it.
Rebuilt door latches handles and key cylinders. Lock and unlock both doors with the same key. New clutch cable, new throttle cable, new engine mounts, new transaxle mounts, new fuel lines

Paint is a 7 out of 10
Engine is a 9 out of 10
Transmission is an 8 out of 10
Drivability is a 9 out of 10
Interior is a 6 out of 10
Curb appeal is 8 out of 10
Tires are 3 out of 10
Chassis integrity/rust is a 9 out of 10

cash is king so show me what ya got OBO
sean_v8_914
fd
sean_v8_914
original battery tray. center was pitted so I trimmed it away to clean under it
i cleaned up the hell hole but did not need to patch it
sean_v8_914
gfgfgjfsf
sean_v8_914
xcgh
sean_v8_914
bvhngf
sean_v8_914
fczh
sean_v8_914
it was OK but i welded up a new jack point just because...
sean_v8_914
bare floors. they have dyna mat on them now
all this rust was treated with rust mort, etching primer, epoxy
sean_v8_914
im driving it to work every day so if anyone askes for a specific photo, i can just go snap it and send it

im also putting on a restored dash top

its got a stereo, remote, aux plug, cd, blue tooth, 6 speakers, 2 tweeters, an amp, cross overs, needs a sub
i put that in cause some people actually listen to the radio in their 914 (not me)
sean_v8_914
trunks are finished also
sean_v8_914
buy me a plane ticket and ill drive it back east for ya wink.gif
sean_v8_914
strfhg
sean_v8_914
cvfg
sean_v8_914
its not a perfect 914 but compared to cars priced higher its a good solid deal. super clean chassis with fresh motor , new carbs and a good shifting box.

i am fixing details daily so the price may go up, not down
sean_v8_914
here are some answers from PMs:

• Do all the electrics work (lights, repeaters, wipers, dials, etc)
yes, lights, horn, signals...dash illumination dimmer is not smooth

• Are the lightbowls the sealed usa items or the European hella’s ?
Cibie H4

* no issues with the engine/tranny - no leaks, not lacking on power ?
1st gear is OK not perfect, engine has more power than stock 2.0. front trans seal has a slight weep that i may fix soon

• Engine has double carbs but do you know if the engine has the correct cam ? (you name the type but I am not so familiar with this type)
Schneider has been in business over 40 years. they make whatever cam specs i ask them to make. cam pulls 3,000-5500 rpm. no flat spots, smooth in traffic in town and goes fast on freeway

• Exhaust in good condition ?
good ssi stainless steel heat exchangers (ugly steel flanges) with Bursch 4-2-2-1 merged collector and muffler

• Suspension feels tight ?
nice ride quality. needs a sway bar in my opinion

• What will go with the car
o Jack ?
yes
o Tools ?
no
o Spare tire ?
5 lug spare, steel wheel

o Manual, invoices or some other history of the car on paper ?
lots of photos, no papers

o Radio ?
radio, cd, blue tooth, 6 speakers, amplifier in trunk,
• Do you have a clean title ?
yes

* LOWEST PRICE bearing in mind I still have to ship/import the car
I am fixing the details as i drive him daily. my price is going up, not down. the quality of this car is going up with each detail I address.

* no problem for you that I send somebody for a PPI ?
yes PPI

* exact location of the car (to get an estimate fm my shipper)
la mesa ca 91942

Pls send me any picture available of the restoration (or send me a dropboxlink or so) showing that the car meets my expectations so I can decide if we can proceed.
Any video available (walk around, engine start, short drive ?)
i can do some videos. ill post to VIMEO host site
sean_v8_914
SOLD to san diego local
thank you for your interest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.